onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Choosing a holiday

Trampilot

Advert

Where abouts in Mexico, I go beginning of August.?

Beginning of August for us also, going to Playa Del Carmen but I can't remember the hotel name of the top of my head. Have been to Cancun before but not Playa Del Carmen, went to Cancun in Feb about 10 years ago, weather and beach were fantastic but always remember the rip currents on the beach in front of our hotel were dangerous, particularly for kids.

Beginning of August for us also, going to Playa Del Carmen but I can't remember the hotel name of the top of my head. Have been to Cancun before but not Playa Del Carmen, went to Cancun in Feb about 10 years ago, weather and beach were fantastic but always remember the rip currents on the beach in front of our hotel were dangerous, particularly for kids.

Riviera Maya for me, daughter getting married there.

I went to Croatia and Montengro last year and they were both absolutely superb. As stunning as the Amalfi coast but cheaper, loads to see and do I couldn't recommend it enough.

Turkey this year although I'm sporting a full blown beard at the moment and with me being "half black" (in the words of Nige) I'm worried that I might get mistaken for an ISIS terrorist and bundled over the Syrian border and handed a kalashnivok. Am I right to be concerned carl, please allay my fears and help put my mind at rest?

You wont be bundled over the border and handed a kalashnikov. You will be gently swept up by forty virgins and carried to the promised land to live like a prince :laugh:

I havent been to Turkey but one of my colleagues went there this year and she loved it.

New York ,8 of us,in 3 weeks time.Possibilty of Norwegian Fjords cruise later this summer.

Those people going on hols,have a great time.Those who aren't ,still have a great time.:)

I've been to both. New York was great, I was young and carefree and had the time of my life. It can be a bit dodgy in places like most big cities but I believe that side of it has improved a lot, it was the 80s when I went.

The fjords are fabulous, I have many photos of the spectacular views. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

I went to Croatia and Montengro last year and they were both absolutely superb. As stunning as the Amalfi coast but cheaper, loads to see and do I couldn't recommend it enough.

I went to Montenegro a few years back to Budva when England played them (Rooney red card game). Absolutely beautiful and would highly recommend it. Cheap as well and there are some fantastic parts like Kotor when you can grab some culture. A week there in the summer would be excellent.

Due to doing a few England trips I consider myself reasonably well travelled. South Africa was a particular highlight, I was expecting guns and violence all over but it's not like that at all. Other highlights were a great train trip through Austria, Slovenia and Croatia. Lake Bled in Slovenia looks stunning. I would like to arrange a trip out there in the next few years. I went to Qatar as well for the Brazil friendly a few years back, not somewhere I'd recommend but each to their own. Avoid the Ukraine at all costs.

Now I've given up the England games, we've been doing a few trips to America. We did Fly/Train/Drive down from Philadelphia to Key West. Whilst Florida is a bit ropey in places there are some nice places to visit before you get that far, especially Charleston in South Carolina. Key West I was imagining white sandy beaches all the way, not the case really, they are more rocky but still very nice indeed. We managed Nashville and Atlanta last year. Wasn't too sure on Atlanta but Nashville was fantastic, especially if you love Country Music. It's Partytown if you're into it. New York has already been suggested, it is great and you need plenty of time to see it all.

Most of my childhood holidays consisted of Tent holidays to France. I remember them quite fondly. Done very much on the cheap, but with lots of activities and fun. We went 2 years back to the Atlantic coast just south of Royan. Never again, France has gone massively downhill from what I remember and it wasn't starting from a strong base. I think I'd rather have a holiday in the UK one year, save up and go somewhere nice the following year rather than 2 holidays that are average.

Future holiday interests for me are: Italy (Never been), Lake Bled in Slovenia, Canada, the Caribbean, Costa Rica, Portugal, New Zealand and more of the USA.

I've been to both. New York was great, I was young and carefree and had the time of my life. It can be a bit dodgy in places like most big cities but I believe that side of it has improved a lot, it was the 80s when I went.

The fjords are fabulous, I have many photos of the spectacular views. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.

Thanks KS.Third time to NY, what a place, all in the last 10 years.I hope to go to the fjords,as you say looks fab.;)

The wife and I are planning an extensive holiday to Singapore, Aus and NZ for 2018. Stopover in Sing for a day or two, similar in Aus (she is obsessed with visiting Kangaroo Island) and then a couple of weeks driving around NZ.

Until then it will be wet weekends in Rhyl for us

New York ,8 of us,in 3 weeks time.Possibilty of Norwegian Fjords cruise later this summer.

Those people going on hols,have a great time.Those who aren't ,still have a great time.:)

Did a Baltic cruise a few years back and it was fantastic. Our last port of call before getting on the boat at Harwich was Brentwood where we stayed overnight...avoid at all costs!!!!

The wife and I are planning an extensive holiday to Singapore, Aus and NZ for 2018. Stopover in Sing for a day or two, similar in Aus (she is obsessed with visiting Kangaroo Island) and then a couple of weeks driving around NZ.

Until then it will be wet weekends in Rhyl for us

Kangaroo island sounds good but you can get oatcakes in Rhyl so its a close run thing :D

Archived