onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale V Fleetwood post match

geosname

It's not so much that Page has lost the plot, as I can't see what the plot was. End of season game and keep the usual team. Don't give any youngsters a chance. I don't know what Glover's messages from the stand are about, but how he got back near the place, I don't know.

Grew clearly can't coach Neal on how and when to come for crosses, especially corners.

New manager and new backroom staff needed.

No point having young players, because they are never given a chance. They might not be up to out, but how will we ever find out.

Advert

Top comment was Page's "a game to much for the players". What - they get paid to play. If they are knackered then he could have played the youngsters instead, who would have been trying to impress the fans. Then he started saying how wonderful the players were.

Sorry, but that was the last straw. Not travelling to watch them if Page and the other two stooges are there next season. Travelling for 3 to 4 hours for that rubbish on and off pitch. Another season of players (some) not bothered and him coming out with comments like that.

Smurf think hard before just offering that contract to Page and the others. This could cost you and Vale - 3K crowds.

Top comment was Page's "a game to much for the players". What - they get paid to play. If they are knackered then he could have played the youngsters instead, who would have been trying to impress the fans. Then he started saying how wonderful the players were.

Sorry, but that was the last straw. Not travelling to watch them if Page and the other two stooges are there next season. Travelling for 3 to 4 hours for that rubbish on and off pitch. Another season of players (some) not bothered and him coming out with comments like that.

Smurf think hard before just offering that contract to Page and the others. This could cost you and Vale - 3K crowds.

Such a poor comment to make wasn't it. Over 5k crowd and the players can't be arsed. Wonder how many watched the boxing in the early hours....

Page cannot be manager or no one will want to watch that. Another standard boring Page game where we show no intent to attack and nothing happens all game. We conceded from yet another set piece and yet another cross from wide like we do every week yet Relegation Rob still won't address it. Why take Coulibaly off when he was the only one looking like creating anything? Clueless, inept, embarrassing, boring, negative garbage.

THANK GOD THIS SEASON IS OVER WITH. Could understand a performance like that if we had started with 3-4 kids but not with the first team. Sick to death of going to watch lifeless home games.

RP wasted two subs 'cause the team that started the second-half should have started the first. Campion and O'sullivan should have started in place of Willo and Brown to see what they could offer.

And don't get me started on bringing on Birchall instead of Andoh.

SMURF - if today didn't show you that we need a good clear out starting next week then nothing will.

Page has done a brilliant job, of destroying my love of football and Vale. I've managed to go to 44 of our games this season and can probably count on one hand the number of performances I would consider to be good. Listening to Page's interview it sounded as though he expected to be in charge next season, which would be the worst news to finish the season on.

Page has done a brilliant job, of destroying my love of football and Vale. I've managed to go to 44 of our games this season and can probably count on one hand the number of performances I would consider to be good. Listening to Page's interview it sounded as though he expected to be in charge next season, which would be the worst news to finish the season on.

Unfortunately I do think Page will stay on which I am guessing will have a big influence on the number of season tickets sold. It is going to be a very very difficult season next year even without our end to the season. O'Connor has IMO played his last game for us and with a large budget reduction and the backroom staff likely to stay on, I am afraid the crystal ball is going to show another long season of difficulty in 2015-16.

I really am trying hard to feel sorry for "89-points and no promotion" Preston, but every time I get anywhere near a little voice says 'Garner' and I think about how the wonderfully talented and honest superstar of lower league divin..., sorry, football, will be feeling right now.

Sincere congrats to Colchester though, one of the greatest escape stories outside Colditz when you look back at recent L1 tables. Lucy old Crewe too, still we can get them back next season, when at least we have loads of nearly away games with Burton, Bury, Shrewsbury, Wigan and Blackpool joining the party.

I loved the Preston faithfuls who posted that they won't be going to the play-offs.

Somehow even that dreadful waste of time today against Fleetwood doesn't seem quite as bad.

I don't get these comments about after the start we had all we could do was avoid relegation. Yes we lost 5 league games on the trot but we have 5 points from 3 games to start the season. When Page came in he virtually had a full season, 35+ games with over 100 points to play for.

In a very average league we've had an even worse run than that and ended up winning 1 in 11 losing 7!

I think it's time for Page to go, he's created a very comfortable boys club with people like Yates, Birchall, Williamson, Dodds and Pope on easy street with some complimenting the manager for a poor season.

If he is to stay the fans and more importantly the chairman need to see a mass clear out of all but 5 players.

Typical comments about the usual suspects from someone who doesn't attend Many games. Pope has been injured for much of the season, Yates has barely played and hasn't done too bad when required. Dodds has played well when required but just when he started doing well Page moves him on to the wing yet again where he is not best utilised. Williamson, isn't up to it.

Let's have a look at the real culprits, the defence. Dickinson, every cross coming from his side of the field ends up in our net. He's not captain material or good enough, he cannot stop crosses. Robertson is as mobile as a mannequin, veselli is ok at centre back and a poor full back, as you would have seen if you'd been there today. Duffy, unreliable and not consistent. McGivern, had a bad rep from Hibs fans and hasn't done anything to alter that. The defence has been incredibly bad and if you are going to slate anyone it should be them for their total ineptness and inability to defend anything this season. They have been culpable for a large part of the failure this season, truly dreadful. Collins, Innes and Streete were the only exceptions.

Just got in. Everyone knows my stand on page and that was once again proven today.

Awful awful awful in every way. It was that bad I'm not even going to bother going over it all again.

Oh and the decision to take our best player off for old reliable birchall again!?!?! Was shameful that sub.

A point id like to make re his interview. Page said in the week he would experiment, well that didn't happen not only this he then complains in his interview that we had 8 players who weren't fit and needed a break! Surely just give someone else a chance instead of the same rubbish. I admit today I left when birchall came on, didn't even know we'd scored until recently.

Also super tommy pope proved again today why I don't think he's as big as asset as some think.

Rubbish page needs to go or I won't be going next year.

Archived