onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Do you trust the board?

NLVMalc

**** off Glenn.

Paranoid though quite amusing. I would imagine Mr Oliver would have been a bit more complimentary to the board, read my posts again.

I do remember how much worse things were when the cultured Mr bell threatened to close the club down though, tried to get extra money for the club shop and ended up sacking the best manager we ever had, then cost the club a few hundred grand in compensation.

Definate NO to Paladini, Bell and Newton. Dont know about the board or Mo, but

IN MICKY WE TRUST

Advert

Paranoid though quite amusing. I would imagine Mr Oliver would have been a bit more complimentary to the board, read my posts again.

I do remember how much worse things were when the cultured Mr bell threatened to close the club down though, tried to get extra money for the club shop and ended up sacking the best manager we ever had, then cost the club a few hundred grand in compensation.

Definate NO to Paladini, Bell and Newton. Dont know about the board or Mo, but

IN MICKY WE TRUST

There is very little difference between Bell and Bratt except Bell brought success something Bratt can only day dream about

There is very little difference between Bell and Bratt except Bell brought success something Bratt can only day dream about

Not only did Bell give us success, he owned the club with his own money, not like Bratt, owning the club with other peoples money, and not giving us any success, the only thing he has given us is grief, and plenty of it at that.

Not only did Bell give us success, he owned the club with his own money, not like Bratt, owning the club with other peoples money, and not giving us any success, the only thing he has given us is grief, and plenty of it at that.

His own money ? Plus afew odd millions that came from the man he sacked perhaps?

You make the mistake of giving credit to Bell for Rudge's success, which could have come under anyone - remember also that Bell did not appoint Rudge.

Can I ask you for an honest answer - what do you think Bill Bell would have done if OVF were around and blasting him Bratty-style at about the time he was threatening to close the club for mild criticism ?

His own money ? Plus afew odd millions that came from the man he sacked perhaps?

You make the mistake of giving credit to Bell for Rudge's success, which could have come under anyone - remember also that Bell did not appoint Rudge.

Can I ask you for an honest answer - what do you think Bill Bell would have done if OVF were around and blasting him Bratty-style at about the time he was threatening to close the club for mild criticism ?

I think he may be knocking on Robs door with a shotgun in his hand

Dont forget Bratty and Oliver were doing what we are doing now hurling vitriol and abuse at Bells door when they were trying to get the club 8 yrs ago

so what goes around comes around.

This board will go down in history as the worst board in our history!!!!

STARVE EM OUT!!!!!

Maybe the question should be 'Do you trust the board less than you trust xxx where xxx is any potential new owner' For instance, I had trust issues with Mike Newton, which have been proved right in that he was only willing to put £500k in and Mo said he'd put in more than twice that amount - so Newton's offer must have been inadequate.

Trust is a relative concept. I didn't trust Margaret Thatcher but I'd have trusted Hitler less if he had been around at the same time.

what a great answer, to me, i don't want to risk the vale to one owner, i agree we lack investment, but from my veiwpoint the vale is better off with the present board than they would have been had they lost the vote, i like the basic guidelines of v2001, i think they protect the vale, i know others think it stops investment, thats where we dissagree, a single owner wouldn't be so bad if it was a fan, much like peter coats down the road, but a bussiness man who isn't a fan eerrrrrrmmmm no thanks

Can I ask you how well Rudge would have done under the constraints of v2001?

It's a no brainer, 100%. There would be no club at all if it wasn't for the board. As Bea puts it 'In Micky we trust'. To all the SEO's, B&G's, PVSC's, ICI's, BBC's, CO-OP's, whatever you call yourselves, tik tok, £19.50 on the day.

Can I ask you how well Rudge would have done under the constraints of v2001?

Of course you can. The problem is that the huge transfer fees that kept the club going under John Rudge don't exist in the same way now thanks to that idiotic Bosman ruling and the way the greedy prem clubs have taken bigger sums away from the lower division clubs year after year.

Even under v2001, if transfer fees were around, Rudge would still have prospered. Unfortunately a manager like John Rudge only comes around once in a blue moon. Having said that, I have big hopes for MA but the person who came on here and said he was better than JR was living in dreamland.

Bell without the transfer fees would have seen Vale in admin much earlier, even with over £8million profit the lovable old hound still managed to get Vale relegated and into admin.

Can I also ask you to answer my original question now I have replied to yours please.

Archived