onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Do you trust the board?

NLVMalc

Advert

My feelings exactly. I just wonder, though, what their own interests actually are.

Thats actually a really good question, who would want to suffer hassle off fans angry at your lack of funds and business nowse to a degree where it would deter you from attending matches.....having said that they wont be the only ones come the Crawley game!

Maybe the question should be 'Do you trust the board less than you trust xxx where xxx is any potential new owner' For instance, I had trust issues with Mike Newton, which have been proved right in that he was only willing to put £500k in and Mo said he'd put in more than twice that amount - so Newton's offer must have been inadequate.

Trust is a relative concept. I didn't trust Margaret Thatcher but I'd have trusted Hitler less if he had been around at the same time.

Maybe the question should be 'Do you trust the board less than you trust xxx where xxx is any potential new owner' For instance, I had trust issues with Mike Newton, which have been proved right in that he was only willing to put £500k in and Mo said he'd put in more than twice that amount - so Newton's offer must have been inadequate.

Trust is a relative concept. I didn't trust Margaret Thatcher but I'd have trusted Hitler less if he had been around at the same time.

Relatively speaking I trusted Bill Bell 1 million times more than I now trust V2001

Is that a yes or a no?:D

I agree.

I have no reason to trust the board any more after the lies, etc. though and I genuinely can't see what someone else could come in and make a mess of any more. wow, that wasn't well worded.

Mike Newton could was only allowed to put 24.9% in, which was roughly 400k the 100k was to add to Adams promotion budget, but that was not good enough for the Vile five, because it was not a straight forward gift.

Is that a yes or a no?:D

It's not as simple as that.

Have the board always acted totally truthfully, been 100 per cent open, and performed marketing miracles - NO. In a lot of instances, they have done the best they can and the argument is whether this is enough, or good enough. Every businessman tells some lies, spins things a bit, it's wrong but a fact of life.

The motive is crucial here - if it is to fight off a threat that they see as seriously damaging the future of the club, then that would be quite different to anyone taking actions to benefit themselves at the expense of their club. In the abscence of any proof of wrongdoing, the wild allegations of fraud, racism and suchlike that fly around from a few people on here are out of order.

It doesn't worry me if a positive spin is put on the number of season ticket sales or something similar in what is a propaganda war. But if say, the vale were to have a cuptie against a top double-winning Premiership club, and the gate was returned at 5000 less than the true number, with the excess cash spirited away in biscuit tins and never seen again, that is something to be very concerned about, of course that would never happen though, would it?

It's not as simple as that.

Have the board always acted totally truthfully, been 100 per cent open, and performed marketing miracles - NO. In a lot of instances, they have done the best they can and the argument is whether this is enough, or good enough. Every businessman tells some lies, spins things a bit, it's wrong but a fact of life.

The motive is crucial here - if it is to fight off a threat that they see as seriously damaging the future of the club, then that would be quite different to anyone taking actions to benefit themselves at the expense of their club. In the abscence of any proof of wrongdoing, the wild allegations of fraud, racism and suchlike that fly around from a few people on here are out of order.

It doesn't worry me if a positive spin is put on the number of season ticket sales or something similar in what is a propaganda war. But if say, the vale were to have a cuptie against a top double-winning Premiership club, and the gate was returned at 5000 less than the true number, with the excess cash spirited away in biscuit tins and never seen again, that is something to be very concerned about, of course that would never happen though, would it?

If R Lee is telling the truth [ big if ] why did they turn down his 300k investment ???

The board have been caught out lying time and time again, Mike Caitlin ? Texans ? the list is endless

Archived