onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

"Negative Vale rile Robinson"

Jacko51

That is the headline to the match report in today's Football League Paper! This is based on Robinson's post match comments in which he suggests Vale were time wasting because according to him, "After one minute and 30 seconds, they were walking to take a corner"!! He also said "It's a point when we've played poorly on a bad pitch, against a team who just tried to stop us doing what we do."

Well I'm sorry, Mr Robinson, but I wasn't aware that it was the role of your opponents to step back and just let you do what you do. I'm also surprised that you think a player walking to take a corner early in the game wastes more time than players rolling around on the floor pretending they are injured when they have barely been touched.

May I suggest, Mr Robinson, you whinging Scouse git, that people may have a little more respect for your opinions if you expressed them in the normal fashion rather than through your backside.

Advert

That is the headline to the match report in today's Football League Paper! This is based on Robinson's post match comments in which he suggests Vale were time wasting because according to him, "After one minute and 30 seconds, they were walking to take a corner"!! He also said "It's a point when we've played poorly on a bad pitch, against a team who just tried to stop us doing what we do."

Well I'm sorry, Mr Robinson, but I wasn't aware that it was the role of your opponents to step back and just let you do what you do. I'm also surprised that you think a player walking to take a corner early in the game wastes more time than players rolling around on the floor pretending they are injured when they have barely been touched.

May I suggest, Mr Robinson, you whinging Scouse git, that people may have a little more respect for your opinions if you expressed them in the normal fashion rather than through your backside.

What a deluded idiot.

:laugh: Jean, you have a delightful turn of phrase :yes:

Fantastic post! I LOVE IT :p

Bit different than his interview on TV where he claimed it to be a point earned.

Slating the pitch is rubbish, it's not that bad and better than quite a few especially considering the rain we've had in Feb - March.

I've wondered for some time if Robinson has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about us, maybe from his playing days at Alsager and Kidsgrove? To be fair though I know he's had a lot of resources at MK but he's doing a good job and obviously understands the game.

I still think me need to be a bit more savvy at times. Collins stupid booking in the 1st half, which might have been costly on another day, was the direct result of a break from of their keeper collecting a cross and bowling it out quickly, when he had three Vale players stood watching. All it needed was someone simply to stand in front of him.

Bit different than his interview on TV where he claimed it to be a point earned.

Slating the pitch is rubbish, it's not that bad and better than quite a few especially considering the rain we've had in Feb - March.

I've wondered for some time if Robinson has a bit of a chip on his shoulder about us, maybe from his playing days at Alsager and Kidsgrove? To be fair though I know he's had a lot of resources at MK but he's doing a good job and obviously understands the game.

I hope he still understands it next season when they come back to Vale Park.

Nice to know that Robinson thought we'd prepared the pitch especially for them. He was also complaining that the grass hadn't been cut in over a week.

It's April and we're nearly at the end of a long season, the pitch will be bobbly at this time of year and it plays slow at the best of times.

Oh and the reason we walked up to take the corner slowly in the first minute was because it was a misdirected header back to the keeper and there wasn't a single Vale player anywhere near the goal. Robinson probably blames the pitch for that as well.

Negative yet we created the best chances and they had one attempt at goal? Why would we turn up and allow mk dons to play their football, it was good tactics from us and it worked perfectly. I can't believe Robinson thinks we should turn up and let them play how they want. Very sour grapes.

Jean, your post is an absolute hoot!:laugh: Vale did us proud, in every respect and he ought to be totally ashamed with some of the "tactics" he and his players deployed. Clearly they felt they just needed to turn up to get the 3 points but were taken aback by Vale's fantastic never say die, fully committed performance.

I like Robinson but I lost a bit of respect for him yesterday. It would have been nice and correct to say that MK weren't allowed to play because of Vale's work rate and tenacity and give credit where credit's due but no we get the same old cliche that the result was nothing to do with the opposition only their own performance. At least Cooper gave Vale credit when Swindon nicked the points a few weeks ago.

Archived