onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Last 5 to win on a scale of 0 to 10

PVTony

Truth is, we're at the business end of the season and this is the time when teams at the top sometimes choke.

Nothing's ever a foregone conclusion. If we were fighting for promotion and playing away at a team in our position, we'd all be thinking to ourselves 'typical Vale, this will be the game where we go and blow it'.

Advert

mkdons 1pt Scunthorpe 1pt preston 3pts Yeovil 3pts Fleetwood 3pts doom and gloom my ****,you watch these predictions once apon a time we were 2 pts off the play offs swings and round abouts folks just believe in page and the boys UP THE VALE

MKD and Preston nil chance.

Yeovil will probably be relegated by the time we play them, so they won't have any pressure on them, so 50-50 on a win there.

Scunny were better than us even with 10 men, when we scraped a draw at home, so another 50-50

It'll be down to the last day and hoping for a fluke like the Collins O.G.

the draw drought will end, and we will scrape safety. draw / draw / lose to garner and the cheats / win or draw / draw

mk dons 5 but will almost certainly be a draw.

Scunthorpe 6 again I think a draw is likely

preston 2

Yeovil 8 if safe by then, 6 if not

Fleetwood 8 if safe by then, 6 if not

points chance 48 (5 losses) 2 per cent

49 (1 draw, 4 losses) 6 per cent

50 (2 draws, 3 losses) 10 per cent

51 (1 win or 3 draws) 12 pc

52 20 pc

53 20 pc

54 18 pc

55 or more 12 per cent

50 or 51pts has traditionally been enough to be safe, but is very chancy this time.

52 pts will probably ensure safety, 53 almost certainly will. Chance of relegation between 24-32 per cent

Pleased with my prediction, but also very pleased with what I have just seen at the match - a gutsy, battling performance with a lot of excitement for a 0-0 draw - in fact probably a better match than when they won 4-3 in the FA Cup. Well done Vale, play like that for the last few games and safety is assured, but don't take anything for granted at Scunthorpe.

the draw drought will end, and we will scrape safety. draw / draw / lose to garner and the cheats / win or draw / draw

mk dons 5 but will almost certainly be a draw.

Scunthorpe 6 again I think a draw is likely

preston 2

Yeovil 8 if safe by then, 6 if not

Fleetwood 8 if safe by then, 6 if not

points chance 48 (5 losses) 2 per cent

49 (1 draw, 4 losses) 6 per cent

50 (2 draws, 3 losses) 10 per cent

51 (1 win or 3 draws) 12 pc

52 20 pc

53 20 pc

54 18 pc

55 or more 12 per cent

50 or 51pts has traditionally been enough to be safe, but is very chancy this time.

52 pts will probably ensure safety, 53 almost certainly will. Chance of relegation between 24-32 per cent

So far so good...and slightly better than predicted I got the 2 draws right against MK and Scuuny and am delighted to be wrong anout PNE - and at this point one win or 2 draws will mean absolutely safe, maybe just 1 more point will be enough.

The whine-os will say 9 games without a win, those who don't wear blinkers will reflect that even in the 6 defeat run every game was closeand we only lost by 1 goal in 5 of them, the other had a sending off.

The last 4 games have only yielded 3 pts but the way we have played I far more important, and will win fans back. Rochdale and Scunny away we had terrible luck letting in late goals, and the 2 home games have been magnificent - real cup-tie type battles.

BUT PLEASE Vale - keep it going for Yeovil and don't make the mistake of assuming safety is 100 per ent sure yet - they beat Sheffield United and could be a tricky proposition, Id hate to go into tht last game needing a win or even a draw, as any game can see a bad ref, a bad decision or a couple of errors.

I personally think were about safe now, we have points on the board and these sides below us are pretty awful and have difficult fixtures, I think one more draw would do us, and a win would make it certain. Going by recent performances I would say:

Yeovil 7

Fleetwood 7

I think we have a good chance of winning both matches but would be happy with a point from both as well.

Archived