onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ticket offer for MK dons match?

valiant_593

Thought Id start a thread on the mk dons match.

I understand how bad we have been recently and I personally believe that Page should be sacked asap.

However looking at the bigger picture we can make a difference, MK Dons on saturday is an extremely tough match and Im sure we could make a difference.

Personally I think it is a perfect time for Smurf to bring in a ticket offer and get fans down on saturday, something simple like a tenner for an adult and 5 for a kid, yes he will take a hit on funds in the short term, but long term if we picked something up from the match, the winnings will be much much bigger.

I just feel that even though we have been dire and shocking to watch, we can as vale fans back them in big numbers and hopefully spur them onto victory and league 1 football next season, rather than league 2.

I hope Page leaves and that whoever is left in charge picks an attacking side with two up top that will attack MK dons (they looked very average at their place) and spur the fans on to back them.

Smurf I hope you read this and I do believe a ticket offer for this match could really help us, get fans into the ground with an attacking side on show and they will back the side to victory, whether or not it is financially advisable I think it is worth the risk for one game only at this critical time of the season.

Advert

We run were on I'd think you'd struggle get more people come if the tickets were given away.

Smurf put on an offer earlier in the season and it was badly supported by the fans and I suspect didn't cover itself

We run were on I'd think you'd struggle get more people come if the tickets were given away.

Smurf put on an offer earlier in the season and it was badly supported by the fans and I suspect didn't cover itself

Maybe so, but for those who are 50/50 about going this would surely sway them, no page, attacking set up and a reduced price. I personally feel its worth a try for one game, especially against a strong side.

Great idea but I would go even further and make it a fiver.

The on the day walk ups is usually 1,000 at circ 18 quid. He could get 3,000 plus at a fiver. So no huge loss.

If he does nothing it will be like a home game for the Sons who are sure to bring a lot.

If he does the offer at a fiver he may just create a big match atmosphere that could work in our favour.

He may have to make it a tenner includes admission to 2 home games.

A small home gate and big away following is simply an away win.

Good idea Valiant 593, I hope that Smurf takes note and does just that however regardless of how we all feel about performances, manager, team selection, players etc if you think that we as fans can make a difference then we've got to get down there in numbers to support the lads. I know that it's been desperately poor recently and it must have been heart wrenching for those who attended today and to some extent those who listened on the radio but we effectively need 2 wins to stay up and however we manage it we've got to give it a go.

I have confidence that Smurf will have seen enough to make to right changes during the close season, the football isn't good enough, I personally find it tedious (and mentioned previously), 1 dimensional and lacking in excitement, but I've watched it for 3 quarters of the season and a few more games, very important games, won't do me any harm, relegation will. It'll be an absolute disaster based upon the size of the teams in the respective divisions and the proximity of each, League 1 is almost a regional division, League 2 and you're travelling to the ends of the earth. Bigger than that but all the hard work and investment by Smurf will be for nowt.

However we manage to get the points required we must get them and if it means us all just forgetting the ***** that we've been watching just lately and support the lads in the remaining games then I think that we need to do it. Smurfy reducing the ticket prices (for our last remaining Saturday game) can only help.

Reduced admission would make sense but more important is the need for everyone who does attend to fully support all the players on the pitch for 90 minutes.

In the last home game the undercurrent of derision and the booing at times didn't help one jot.

I share everyone's dismay and disappointment but we can moan and groan on here afterwards, not when the game is on. It does not help at all.

Get behind the team!

Archived