onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

Essentially though, you're a bit of a bell cheese, getting off on trying to belittle people over the internet.

now then girls put your handbag s away, we have more important thing to worry about like if we lose on Saturday we could be in position 20 with games running out, much more important that niggling at one another.

Advert

When we need a unified fanbase, who comes on here insulting fellow vale fans for making one small mistake? Sycophant REP. You really are a nasty piece of work sometimes. His post isn't completely wrong, 7/8 is correct.

:laugh::clap:

If it's the development of young players we're after, there's a UEFA pro-license holder and former England U19's coach out of work and living in Newcastle under Lyme if any-one's interested.

He's also one of the top coach educator's in the country (and Europe) and knows a thing or two about players and coaches and has all the relevant networks to bring some useful talent into the club.

Noel Blake any-one.

If it's the development of young players we're after, there's a UEFA pro-license holder and former England U19's coach out of work and living in Newcastle under Lyme if any-one's interested.

He's also one of the top coach educator's in the country (and Europe) and knows a thing or two about players and coaches and has all the relevant networks to bring some useful talent into the club.

Noel Blake any-one.

i'd have thought with his qualifications he'd have been snapped up by now, could his age be a stumbling block

To be fair it's more the case that the coaching probably weren't good enough.....in terms of player development there is just a black hole

and the advice is get out or get damaged....Lawrie/Richman/Morsey/Malbon/Davis/Lloyd.........but the farce of the development squad of

highly rated quality players none developed all released by Adams and the under use of the likes of Campion by Page amongst others and

the continued employment of Grew and Glover.

Most of the twenty or so development signings have been under used and not developed....most were 20/21/22 and with player development

finding their feet as squad players playing first team games....nearly all came from big club academies and many had U18/U21 caps....if this

is Smurf's "Project Port Vale" the someone like Uwe Rossler with all new quality coaching staff could build a young side that might not only

move the club forward towards the Championship but once there might also shock some people and make Smurf some cash back on player

sales

mostly the idea gives the fans hope and the club direction.

As Edwyn Collins might say "Rip it up and start again".

If that's the case why didn't these diamonds go on to make it with other teams and are now plying their trade at a level lower than the top one in non-league.

If they are good enough for me they play as in the case of Hughill and Morsy.

The coaches are all fully accredited aren't they?

Essentially though, you're a bit of a bell cheese, getting off on trying to belittle people over the internet.

Re-read this post and see the irony in what you are saying! Who is the one throwing around personal insults, have you been comparing notes with

Melv? ;)

I and others disproved a point which was part of a massive rant, if someone wants to rant reasonably I'd reason with them but if they are going to rant rubbish about my club it's likrly people set them straight. If he'd said something like 'it's 8 on the trot isn't it?' he would have received a different reply I'm sure.

Anyway life's too short to be reading this guff I'm sure so let's agree you hate me, I feel nothing but love towards you and get back on topic...

REP.....the point is player development is poor to non-existent....players go backwards and have their careers damaged.....as for the coaches

Glover and Grew are fully accredited failures and need to go......in terms of player development and building or growing a team quality coaching

under the experienced direction of a quality manager like Rosler fits Smurfs idea of Project Port Vale....as stands the investment of time and money

has been wasted....Smurf has invested in some twenty odd development players over two seasons and got zero return....the only thing positive is

the certainty that the dinosaurs must go and the club needs direction and vision.

REP.....the point is player development is poor to non-existent....players go backwards and have their careers damaged.....as for the coaches

Glover and Grew are fully accredited failures and need to go......in terms of player development and building or growing a team quality coaching

under the experienced direction of a quality manager like Rosler fits Smurfs idea of Project Port Vale....as stands the investment of time and money

has been wasted....Smurf has invested in some twenty odd development players over two seasons and got zero return....the only thing positive is

the certainty that the dinosaurs must go and the club needs direction and vision.

I don't disagree on Grew BA, he's a cancer of the club I'd rather have left around 25 years ago. The problem nowadays with player development is that with the EPPP the top teams syphone off all the top talent and we get left with the rest, the old Crewe model is even dying. We aren't and really haven't been a development club for young talent since the days of Earle, Porter and the Chamberlains sadly. Even Rudgey didn't focus that much on it. The problem is our geographical location because we are so central and so close to so many clubs in the NW and Midlands.

I don't disagree on Grew BA' date=' [b']he's a cancer of the club [/b]I'd rather have left around 25 years ago. The problem nowadays with player development is that with the EPPP the top teams syphone off all the top talent and we get left with the rest, the old Crewe model is even dying. We aren't and really haven't been a development club for young talent since the days of Earle, Porter and the Chamberlains sadly. Even Rudgey didn't focus that much on it. The problem is our geographical location because we are so central and so close to so many clubs in the NW and Midlands.

What a truly wonderful creature you are.

A couple of weeks ago you posted something very personal and nasty, and I was and still am very angry but decided to let it be. But calling an honest employee, one of our best goalkeepers ever and someone I suspect you have no idea about their competence level 'a cancer of the club' is a real disgrace and you need to think about and watch the wording of what you post.

I have no idea about Mark Grew's coaching ability, seems most people don't rate it, but he is not undermining the club deliberately and posts like this ARE - you should be more careful and not post such things for many reasons. I really think you ought to ask someone to remove that but it's your call, don't say you later it wasn't pointed out to you.

If Mark Grew or anyone at the club reads this, can I just say that not all your supporters are such low-lifes as this one.

REP.....but most of the development players were rated (U18/U21 caps) from big club academies and were 20/21/22..... next season would be the third year of the project such that the first intake done right would be 22/23/24 and could be first team squad players......in many ways the player

development at big academies and first and second year professional coaching was already done and by all accounts these were young technically gifted players who just needed first team football and some guidance and faith.....two years wasted and Smurfs investment wasted....however the

thought that if a manager with vision like Uwe Rosler and some quality modern coaches had driven the project then instead of zilch the club could be

half way to building an exciting young team that might not only get into the Championship in the not to distant future but also have an impact.

bookworm

Fair point re: age, but at 53 he's far from past it.

As it happens, I'm not suggesting him for management (although not ruling it out either). I'm just saying, with a coach of that quality on the doorstep, I'd be having a chat with him at least if I was the Chairman. Not least of all, just to get his views on who are the players and coaches he's coached who have impressed him.

Another pro-license coach with a strong playing and youth coaching record (presently at Birmingham City part time) is former Brum, Derby and Notts County defender Michael Johnson. Came second to Hasselbank for the Burton job and well thought of in the game. Again, some-one I'd want to invite for an interview for coaching positions were Grew and Glover to be eased out the door.

What a truly wonderful creature you are.

A couple of weeks ago you posted something very personal and nasty, and I was and still am very angry but decided to let it be. But calling an honest employee, one of our best goalkeepers ever and someone I suspect you have no idea about their competence level 'a cancer of the club' is a real disgrace and you need to think about and watch the wording of what you post.

I have no idea about Mark Grew's coaching ability, seems most people don't rate it, but he is not undermining the club deliberately and posts like this ARE - you should be more careful and not post such things for many reasons. I really think you ought to ask someone to remove that but it's your call, don't say you later it wasn't pointed out to you.

If Mark Grew or anyone at the club reads this, can I just say that not all your supporters are such low-lifes as this one.

Posted something very personal and nasty about Grew? No I told Pops a story of what happened in the VPs around 25 years ago after he asked.

The term is obviously understandable in its meaning (a deep rooted problem within the club that has caused great pain and hardship to Vale) as has been used by many previously to describe people involved with v2001 for example, it clearly bears no relevance to the actually disease.

I recognise your right to like the player and refer to him as 'honest' if you so wish, however I'd appreciate you recognising my opinion on a person who has done little or nothing after 1989 to assist the club in anyway.

REP.....but most of the development players were rated (U18/U21 caps) from big club academies and were 20/21/22..... next season would be the third year of the project such that the first intake done right would be 22/23/24 and could be first team squad players......in many ways the player

development at big academies and first and second year professional coaching was already done and by all accounts these were young technically gifted players who just needed first team football and some guidance and faith.....two years wasted and Smurfs investment wasted....however the

thought that if a manager with vision like Uwe Rosler and some quality modern coaches had driven the project then instead of zilch the club could be

half way to building an exciting young team that might not only get into the Championship in the not to distant future but also have an impact.

I do agree if that's his vision for the club (which it appears to be) then he does indeed need a manager who is very keen to progress in such a way. Like Yukon I feel we have little or no chance of attracting Rosler however whoever is the manager from the summer onwards an agreement between the chair and the manager needs to be achieved in terms of a clear plan moving forwards.

bookworm and a spins-revenge......good thinking and to think some real quality coaching staff are out of work or part-time.....likewise there are some quality experienced managers signing on or scouting part-time....thinking of "Life of Brian" and Uwe Rosler.....100k a year odd is a lot better than the dole

and any such former premier players and experienced time served managers would be nigh on millionaires....the project at Port Vale can be sold as a

long term project that is built around player development and growing the club based on good football.....the job would be something to get your teeth into for a manager with ideas and vision.....it would be ideal for younger managers like Brian and Uwe.

bookworm

Fair point re: age, but at 53 he's far from past it.

As it happens, I'm not suggesting him for management (although not ruling it out either). I'm just saying, with a coach of that quality on the doorstep, I'd be having a chat with him at least if I was the Chairman. Not least of all, just to get his views on who are the players and coaches he's coached who have impressed him.

Another pro-license coach with a strong playing and youth coaching record (presently at Birmingham City part time) is former Brum, Derby and Notts County defender Michael Johnson. Came second to Hasselbank for the Burton job and well thought of in the game. Again, some-one I'd want to invite for an interview for coaching positions were Grew and Glover to be eased out the door.

As you say two good shouts as coaches but neither would be suitable for the managers role is imagine.

Archived