onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

page out now

steauavaliant

So you want Smurf to get rid of a Manager with very little experience at Football League level & sack him after only 6 months.............

And appoint a Manager with no Football League experience,

And what would that achieve?

I think it would achieve a lot, mainly some steel at the back, and a manager who doesn't put up with any bull****, has no favourites,

and even though it's the Conference, has his team playing good stuff. Halifax are just one point outside the play-offs , and they couldn't be in better hands. Aspin wouldn't worry about his glorious past at Vale. He would be a proper manager, and I think he would handle L1 rather well. Page will take Vale down to L2 this season with the way he's going about things. I don't care if he has only been in the job for 6 months, he's no good as a manager.

Advert

So you now admit that I never stated that Page was "a popular choice"

Can you please state where I "alluded to it" (as in Page being a popular choice) because stating that Page was a popular candidate is, imo not stating that he is a "popular choice" I stated that our Chairman "listened to supporters" I'm not saying that that was Smurfs sole reason for appointing Page as our new Manager!

If you want to criticise then please get your facts correct before doing so.

so popular candidate doesn't mean he was a popular choice. Interesting.

You'd have to be completely insane to even talk of sacking Rob Page at this stage!

That sort of short-term thinking is straight out of the Premier League book of nonsense.

His remit was to steer us to safety (even in September!) and I'm 100% sure he will do that.

It's pretty clear that NS is going to give him the job for next term - and it's only fair that Page is given the chance to shape his own squad and get rid of those he doesn't fancy.

The retained list will tell us plenty about RP, and what we can hope to achieve next season.

Has there been any improvement in the football though? No

Has there been any improvement in addressing obvious problems? No

Has there been any improvement in the quality of signings made? No

Has there been any improvement in what 'typical Port Vale' do? No

That is why there is talk of sacking him.

You'd have to be completely insane to even talk of sacking Rob Page at this stage!

That sort of short-term thinking is straight out of the Premier League book of nonsense.

His remit was to steer us to safety (even in September!) and I'm 100% sure he will do that.

It's pretty clear that NS is going to give him the job for next term - and it's only fair that Page is given the chance to shape his own squad and get rid of those he doesn't fancy.

The retained list will tell us plenty about RP, and what we can hope to achieve next season.

How should the retained list look to have faith in Page?

We cannot continue as a Club with knee jerk reactions, Rob Page must be given a chance, that includes prepping for next season, you missed one question in your list;

Has he had sufficient time? NO.

How should the retained list look to have faith in Page?

The release of several players (whether under contract or not) would say to me that he wants a fresh start and knows what and who he wants.

Dicko, Dodds, Birchall, Williamson, Yates and McGivern as a bare minimum can go.

We wouldn't miss them, and not one of those players are capable of being part of a team aiming to achieve something.

I would argue we have played some decent football under Page, I certainly don't think it has got any worse.

Our obvious problem was addressed with Iniss, who got injured - but I accept that one loanee was not enough.

Signings-wise, only Campion has signed as far as I know - it's clear the loans have not all been RP's work.

I'm not sure what "typical Port Vale" means!

For me;

A clear out of players and coaching staff and an improved scouting network.

Page given a 12 month contract with an option for another year, with his choice of players and coaching support staff.

......and some massive defenders into the bargain.

Bring on next season.

For me;

A clear out of players and coaching staff and an improved scouting network.

Page given a 12 month contract with an option for another year, with his choice of players and coaching support staff.

......and some massive defenders into the bargain.

Bring on next season.

At last, someone talking some sense.

Who would the fans want as manager next season?

In terms of ambition and Championship football would Uwe Rosler and coaching staff be a good fit for Smurfs "Project Port Vale" and player development......or will Smurf gamble on the novice Page with Glover and Grew

although it would risk lost season ticket sales and possible relegation is Page worth the time and risk or should

Page first gain some experience as a manager in the conference?

Archived