onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Favourite guitar players

mr burslem

Advert

Bit of a typo on my first post. I meant All Di Meola.

Three more top players.

Allan Holdsworth

John McLaughlin

Jan Akkerman

Saw Holdsworth play a gig at Keele Uni as part of UK many years ago.

Absolutely stunning. Check out Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scotts on YouTube. Jimmy Page among many others in the audence. I think Page learned a lot from his mate Beck in his early days!

Mark Knopfler - Telegraph Road is one of my Desert Island Discs!

Of others mentioned on here I have seen Segovia and Joan Baez live - both amazing in their own way and Baez has the voice as well.

another two to mention both virtuose, les paul and jeff beck.

I also missed out the phenomenal Gary Moore - who I saw with 3 different bands, one of which was at a gig in Hanley, which was a massive - and welcome surprise! Me and a GF had gone to Hanley, midweek (in the 70's??), with nothing planned, and we were walking through a small square, at the top of which was a pub/club, where you went down a few steps to go in. Inside, Colosseum II were playing their "Strange New Flesh" album, featuring aforesaid Mr Moore - great gig, great album, and Gary's work on "Down To You" - a fab Joni Mitchell song, anyway - is wonderful...one of my all-time favourite songs! Anyone else remember this gig or venue?

not in any order##

Wilko Johnson in mid-strut at the height of Dr Feelgood's fame.

Johnny Thunders

Andy Gill's unique jagged sonic attack with the Gang of Four, especially on the 'Entertainment' album

Mick Ronson when he was with Bowie.

Bo Diddly

David O'List

Jeff Beck

Ron Asheton (Iggy and Stooges)

Tony Iommi's doom with Black Sabbath

Tom Verlaine / Richard Lloyd of Television (Marquee Moon)

John Fogerty (Creedence CR)

Syd Barrett

BB King

Mick Jones (Clash)

Chuck Berry

Tony McPhee (Groundhogs)

Michael Monarch (Steppenwolf)

Del Bromham (Stray)

Robbie Kreiger (Doors)

Archived