onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

If the worse came to the worst......

Guest TommyMac

Taking the p1ss??? Bet Bournemouth fans thought the same this time last year! Believe, we have a decent squad and with a couple of quality additions we could walk the first division next season or at least be in the mix!

Medication failure alert"

Advert

As a ball park, we have 10 people on our share certficate, 6 are pro Mo, 1 has abstained, 2 are against and 1 is sadly no longer with us.

I'm also of the same opinion as Bede.

Dear NTV

As a matter of interest, why are the 2 against?

I understand if you feel unable to comment.

Kind Regards

Sorry if this has already been asked but if the worse came to the worst and the shareholders poll by the club resulted in a majority supporting the board and rejecting change, would those boycotting season tickets next season still do so?

My answer is yes I would. Supporting Port Vale with the current board in place really depresses me. Sad thing is after 42 years following PVFC, I'm sure I wouldn't miss it.

I started boycotting this season, first time in around 16 years I havent had a season ticket

Scenario: 12 months from now and V2001 are still in control and Vale are playing Sheff Utd at Vale Park in a top v third promotion battle. Exciting times ahead!

Dear V9T9

I admire your tenacity.

Promotion this season = £100k of player bonuses.

The Council want the interest payments to start.

The club is consistently posting losses circa £250k plus.

Cash reserves have nearly run out.

The above are but a few worrying remarks.

Where is the money coming from - gate receipts and prize money are woefully inadequate...

I am interested to learn of your thoughts as to a financially viable business model to sustain Div 1 football.

Kind Regards

If (and when) we get promoted this season I don't see any reason why we can't hold our own or even progress with,as I stated earlier, our squad plus a couple of experienced additions! We have put up with mediocrity for the past few seasons so success this season will be a welcome boost to us all!

Guest TommyMac
Scenario: 12 months from now and V2001 are still in control and Vale are playing Sheff Utd at Vale Park in a top v third promotion battle. Exciting times ahead!

Scenario: 12 months from now, the money's run out and the administrator is desperately seeking a buyer. Vale are playing Morecambe in a 23rd v 24th clash in front of 2088 fans. vale9t9 returns to his seat with his lukewarm bovril as Jeavons, a player Vale couldn't afford to sign, completes his hat-trick.

Meanwhile Rochdale, owned by Mo Chaudry, beat Sheff Utd to move into the automatic promotion places in league one.

How are Dagenham, rochdale and Bournemouth still financially viable with lower gates than us? With success comes added revenue and increased advertising, sponsorship etc. Why put a dampener on our imminent promotion, these are exciting times!

I hope I'm wrong but I honestly don't think we are going up. We are an average side and the home games against Barnet, Stevenage and Oxford all suggest we simply are not good enough. Even if we did somehow go up we would be the whipping boys of league 1. Huge reality check needed by a lot of vale fans.

Archived