onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

chris neal

panhead

Advert

The second goal came when Fredi stood and watched the bloke head in rather than challenge. I'm not sure who was supposed to be marking Wood for the third - it looked like Williamson and he didn't get off the ground either.

Yes it was Ben who simply stood and admired the opposition player heading the ball!!!!

Shocking display last night. Goalkeepers should comand there 6 yd box. 2nd and 3rd goals both his fault.. Needs dropping....................... RANT OVER!!:angry:

Give over, 2nd and 3rd goals weren't his fault, both were headers outside the 6 yard box, both should have been cleared/contested more aggressively by defenders. Lost count of the number of points Chris Neal has won the Vale this season.

,,, both were headers outside the 6 yard box, both should have been cleared/contested more aggressively by defenders. Lost count of the number of points Chris Neal has won the Vale this season.

...I agree with this, but I still think he should be coming out to collect/punch crosses, as this cuts out much of the danger before the ball reaches our defenders - as we all know they aren't good enough to defend properly.

I thought this thread was ridiculous last night and having rewatched the goals, I still think its ridiculous.

No way was Neal at fault for any goal. I agree he doesnt come off his line sometimes but I wouldnt have expected him off his line for either header.

BW was very much at fault for the third & the whole defence for the second.

No Vale players can do the basics defensively. We see it time & time again & that is the sole reason why we concede so many goals.

What an absolutely bonkers thread this is!

Chris has been one of our best and most consistent players this season and I haven't seen many 'keepers who are better than him this season. He may have had a bad couple of games, but to suggest replacing him with Sam Johnson who is NO WHERE NEAR as good as him is madness!

I do however think the Grewy isn't the way forward as a goalkeeper coach, and IMO has ruined several potentially decent keepers over the years...

When Anyon broke in to the team he came for every cross within 8 yards of him, Chris Martin the same and Stuart Tomlinson... within a season the keepers were staying on the line and coming for nothing... I think Grew coaches it out of them to be honest (I have nothing to support this claim other than what i've seen with my own eyes) - when Chris first came to the club he was much more dominant in the box... no not so muc

So you want to drop the best keeper we have had in ages. If you want to apportion blame look at the defence. Yashin would have struggled behind that lot.

U need to see someone if u think hes the best keeper we avnt ad a good one since goodlad retired this current keeper is on a par with anyon Tomlinson and they were poor

Getting released by Shrewsbury straight after ther promotion to div one says it all he's not div one capability

Although Chris was not at his normal high standard last night ,he is one of the best keepers we have had at Vale.Maybe he wasn't helped by his defenders imitating statues last night!!They were appalling and need to sort themselves out ,as I think some have their minds on summer days on the beach,now that Vale are ALMOST safe.I'm still fuming over that so called performance last night.I've seen better games on Saturday mornings watching my young grandson in local under 12's league.:yes:

U need to see someone if u think hes the best keeper we avnt ad a good one since goodlad retired this current keeper is on a par with anyon Tomlinson and they were poor

Getting released by Shrewsbury straight after ther promotion to div one says it all he's not div one capability

You are a WUM right? Either that or you're astoundingly ignorant and stupid

Wow even by your standards that post is madder than a box of frogs you crazy, crazy man! ;)

I seem to recall Shrewsbury offered him a new contract, but he chose to sign for us. For what its worth I saw the Sheffield ,Gillingham and Chesterfield games whilst back in the UK over xmas and Neal was by far our most consistant player over the 3 games

Archived