What would make you attend the vale?

valiant_593

1700 Vale fans travel to Coventry but only 653 Swindon fans bother to follow their team to Burslem,work that one out?:unsure::sums:

The away gate for Coventry was greater than yesterdays gate ex ST work than one out

Advert:

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like I've said on previous post. Sort it out on the pitch and they will come back.

Use this teams success as a template and they currently sit at the top of the Championship, not ground breaking attendances by any means.

Year Attendance

2014 9.952

2013 6.852

2012 5.881

2011 7.103

2010 5.720

2009 4.931

Advert:

All but 2 away day games people drawn out of a hat to dine with me or in VP lounge

Dear Norman,

Please stop making public comments about who you think should be in the team on Twitter. Your comments about Campion and someone "having a point" about his ability in comparison to Williamson are, imho, unprofessional. If they are your views take it up with your manager and not post it onto the internet.

Also, if you want to engage with the fans then twitter is not the answer. I understand it is a convenient way of gathering their opinions but you can not, again imho, adequately have reasonable conversations with supporters regarding the future of the club within the confines of 140 characters.

Please do not take this as a personal dig.

I am aware this is probably an incorrect thread for this post but I see it as the best way Smurf will see it.

Regards,

Hagrid.

I have a season ticket and have since 1991/2 and I've renewed for next year but I work office hours and on that basis I can attend almost all games without too much hassle; I do though understand it is not the case for everyone.

What about actor grousing games? We all know which teams are going to bring the biggest away following and they could be, for argument's sake, category A. The likes of Crawley, who will bring about as many fans as it takes to fill a Ford Transit, should be category C. Basically, cover the shortfall on away fans and then some, plus increased refreshment sales etc

Advert:

Dear Norman,

Please stop making public comments about who you think should be in the team on Twitter. Your comments about Campion and someone "having a point" about his ability in comparison to Williamson are, imho, unprofessional. If they are your views take it up with your manager and not post it onto the internet.

Also, if you want to engage with the fans then twitter is not the answer. I understand it is a convenient way of gathering their opinions but you can not, again imho, adequately have reasonable conversations with supporters regarding the future of the club within the confines of 140 characters.

Please do not take this as a personal dig.

I am aware this is probably an incorrect thread for this post but I see it as the best way Smurf will see it.

Regards,

Hagrid.

I think that is a fair point and should not share my frustrations with the mass as it is often misquoted in the media

Twitter my daughters idea has it advantages but seems to waken the demon inside of me sometimes

I don't understand this thread. I attend vale because I am a fan, I don't need a *******g incentive.

That wasnt the aim of the thread. This was a simple question in which I wanted to see if there was a recurring reason of why fans dont attend matches.

The away gate for Coventry was greater than yesterdays gate ex ST work than one out

Swindon Town,lying 3rd in the league and having an average home gate of 7,889 bring only 653 away fans to Vale Park,we lie in mid-table,have an average home attendance of 5,385 and take over 1,700 to the Ricoh Arena.It just gets me wondering if some supporters have their priorities all wrong or there are other reasons?:unsure:

All but 2 away day games people drawn out of a hat to dine with me or in VP lounge

I've not heard of anybody nothing in the program or on the score board now do you now if you've won also I would say most of the 1700 traveling fans to Coventry went to look at the ground as its the first time vale have played there and yes I did go as I was sitting two rows behind the lady sitting on her hone who you had your photo taken with half way up in the away end and said to out shout the home fans as you where over the far side of the ground in the directors box .

I've not heard of anybody nothing in the program or on the score board now do you now if you've won also I would say most of the 1700 traveling fans to Coventry went to look at the ground as its the first time vale have played there and yes I did go as I was sitting two rows behind the lady sitting on her hone who you had your photo taken with half way up in the away end and said to out shout the home fans as you where over the far side of the ground in the directors box .

After reading the above you may want to invest in a new keyboard, tablet, or smart phone. Whichever you are using, it would appear to be jumbling the words.

Was the lady sitting on her "hone" in need of medical assistance ? On first reading I had visions of a 6ft wooden garden implement with a sharp metal tool at one end. Nearly brought tears to my eyes let alone hers.

Advert:

I think that is a fair point and should not share my frustrations with the mass as it is often misquoted in the media

Twitter my daughters idea has it advantages but seems to waken the demon inside of me sometimes

My advice, and feel free to ignore it, would be to get rid of twitter.

Ask the Sentinel for a column on a Friday/Saturday morning and maybe have a weekly stint on Radio Stoke now they've got their daily sports programme and use them to get your message across.

I understand it would not be as simple as that but I believe that twitter is not the best way for open communication with the fans.

Vale Park is not fit for purpose, 2 stands the Bycars and Railway are primitive, the facilities are shocking they must cost the club a fortune in lost revenue especially when its cold.

I know its not possible but a purpose built 15k all seater with all the facilities would serve the club much better.

Archived