onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What would make you attend the vale?

valiant_593

I'm sorry but if Smurf thinks that he can encourage fans to turn up with promises of this that and the other then forget it, and get used to being a 3rd tier club. Don't get me wrong what he has done so far great, I have been going for the last 30 + yrs and I will continue to do so as its in my blood and I am fortunate that I can afford a season ticket.

The only way to encourage the stay away fans is by success and that will only happen on the pitch, start winning & invest in the best the club can afford start getting results and create the belief that the club is committed in gaining 2nd tier status and the fans will return. Simples.

Advert

Value for money is the main reason

Vale season ticket = £345 with a 4 month payment plan

Stoke season ticket = from £344 with a 12 month payment plan

So you can pay a pound more for watch mid table league one football, than a mid table premier league side. Great value!

This is the first season since I can remember where I have not attended all the home games, I really wanted to come back to support the vale next season but with the price of season tickets not being valve for money I don't think I can, it's not that I can't afford the price of a season ticket it's just that is doesn't represent value for money! Season tickets prices from this season 19 clubs in our league offered cheaper tickets and 10 from the championship offered cheaper tickets.

Completely disagree. VFM is not any type of consideration. You are either a fan who can or a fan who can't.

Also. I'm a staunch season ticket holder and the chairman does have the knack of making supporters insecure of what will happen to their club. If I'm thinking that, that what are the floaters thinking.

I'm past the point of treading on eggshells. It's like having a missus that insinuates she's going to **** off with someone else if you don't start bringing more money in. In the end, you'd just let her **** off just to end the mental torture.

My only desire is to believe Vale will go back up to Championship level. If Smurf can deliver what he initially said he could, he'll be rewarded with tears of joy, held aloft and championed to the hilt. I believe he could, but without his personal investment I think it's just a pipe dream.

As a matter of interest last year the club offered fans who bought a season ticket before the end of April a chance to join the Chairman at every home and away game in the Director's Box via a prize draw. The away games were for two people to enjoy the equivalent of VP packages if they were not allowed in the Director's Box at away grounds.

Has this happened? Has any one won one of these?

Very interesting point!!!We've got 4 season tickets and ain't won:laugh:

Like I've said on previous post. Sort it out on the pitch and they will come back.

Use this teams success as a template and they currently sit at the top of the Championship, not ground breaking attendances by any means.

Year Attendance

2014 9.952

2013 6.852

2012 5.881

2011 7.103

2010 5.720

2009 4.931

All but 2 away day games people drawn out of a hat to dine with me or in VP lounge

Dear Norman,

Please stop making public comments about who you think should be in the team on Twitter. Your comments about Campion and someone "having a point" about his ability in comparison to Williamson are, imho, unprofessional. If they are your views take it up with your manager and not post it onto the internet.

Also, if you want to engage with the fans then twitter is not the answer. I understand it is a convenient way of gathering their opinions but you can not, again imho, adequately have reasonable conversations with supporters regarding the future of the club within the confines of 140 characters.

Please do not take this as a personal dig.

I am aware this is probably an incorrect thread for this post but I see it as the best way Smurf will see it.

Regards,

Hagrid.

Archived