onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What would make you attend the vale?

valiant_593

I would attend anyway no matter how we are doing, it's in the blood for me, since the age of 13, we need to get it in the blood of other youngsters.

IMO the best way to do this would be to hand out free kids tickets at local primary and junior schools ,not high schools,then a few of them might like it and want to come again, after 3 or 4 games they start to get the bug.

The reason I said not high schools is the younger kids would probably need to bring a parent, so an extra paying customer.

. M

Good point, my mate is a Stoke fan , about 3 year ago he phoned me Saturday morning said his lad won a ticket for vale and wanted know how much adult ticket was because young lad wanted go, so that day vale had one extra paying adult

Advert

What about the ones that do turn up, the ones that do back the club? are they not relevant unless the numbers add up to the preferred target?

If I've got the chairman saying that he's lowering expectations, because the crowds aren't to his desired level, then where is the buzz for me to go and renew my Season Ticket? I don't want to hear about budgets, how much this is, how much that is... I turn up with the hope that we can push up the league. If I'm now feeling deflated by the chairmans talk of lesser expectation and lowering of investment, then I worry where he's going to take us.

The attendance numbers will increase when the opposition are bigger names, that's what floating fans look at, along with cost, big games and sunshine. That's how it is. So to get those names, you need Championship minimum. Settle for less and you'll see further decline.

The chairman walked into this football club and said he could fund the journey to the Championship. The return of his investment will be when he gets us there, not on the way there.

Thats a damn good post

What about the ones that do turn up, the ones that do back the club? are they not relevant unless the numbers add up to the preferred target?

If I've got the chairman saying that he's lowering expectations, because the crowds aren't to his desired level, then where is the buzz for me to go and renew my Season Ticket? I don't want to hear about budgets, how much this is, how much that is... I turn up with the hope that we can push up the league. If I'm now feeling deflated by the chairmans talk of lesser expectation and lowering of investment, then I worry where he's going to take us.

The attendance numbers will increase when the opposition are bigger names, that's what floating fans look at, along with cost, big games and sunshine. That's how it is. So to get those names, you need Championship minimum. Settle for less and you'll see further decline.

The chairman walked into this football club and said he could fund the journey to the Championship. The return of his investment will be when he gets us there, not on the way there.

Good post that, especially the last paragraph.

Value for money is the main reason

Vale season ticket = £345 with a 4 month payment plan

Stoke season ticket = from £344 with a 12 month payment plan

So you can pay a pound more for watch mid table league one football, than a mid table premier league side. Great value!

This is the first season since I can remember where I have not attended all the home games, I really wanted to come back to support the vale next season but with the price of season tickets not being valve for money I don't think I can, it's not that I can't afford the price of a season ticket it's just that is doesn't represent value for money! Season tickets prices from this season 19 clubs in our league offered cheaper tickets and 10 from the championship offered cheaper tickets.

Value for money is the main reason

Vale season ticket = £345 with a 4 month payment plan

Stoke season ticket = from £344 with a 12 month payment plan

So you can pay a pound more for watch mid table league one football, than a mid table premier league side. Great value!

This is the first season since I can remember where I have not attended all the home games, I really wanted to come back to support the vale next season but with the price of season tickets not being valve for money I don't think I can, it's not that I can't afford the price of a season ticket it's just that is doesn't represent value for money! Season tickets prices from this season 19 clubs in our league offered cheaper tickets and 10 from the championship offered cheaper tickets.

Say no more, that's spot on.

Unfortunately smurf has two choices as owner, if we arent covering costs, then he either bridges that gap or looksto move on.

As for tickets....we need to start again with the fanbase, make all under 16's free...they must register at ticket office & provide DOB evidence. Then they can have 1 x league ticket free with every paying adult....the benefit here is that money will bemade on secondary spend.....as they will generally have a program or food n drink.

The adult benefit is that its 1 paying adult but two people going....so keeps cost down, then for each game attended the u16's can acrue points for discounts on cup games or for use on their first ST post 16.

Thats just one way of trying to engage the next generation, & thus build the fanbase, it can be done but takes a long term plan, long term investment i to a scheme & tbh.....GUTS to get out there in the community & promote such a scheme.

No, the chairman has three options to cover running costs -

a) season tickets and gate takings.

b) personally bridging the financial void.

c) commercial activity.

Everyone keeps harping on about the stay-away fans and poor attendances, which to a certain extent is out of the clubs control, whereas improving commercial income is something he can control. We all want a self-sustaining club that can stand on its own feet should Smurf walk away. In my eyes, there is nothing in place to cover this eventuality. Commercially, nothing seems to have changed from the bad old days. I've never seen Vale Park so devoid of advertising boards as this season. The only noticeable improvement has been the Errea kit deal, in terms of choice and quality, but unsure what the deal brings financially.

I'll get my tin hat ready, but this is just my view on what I see when in and around Vale Park.

Been going for years and bought my first season ticket on the £180 deal, paid the extra for Lorne st. Had one since so it served its purpose and got me hooked. Now this year its about £360. That is serious bucks even if you spread the cost, regardless of what division you are in. Now if a regular purchaser is baulking about buying one next season then what chance of tempting the first time buyer .

None...

As a matter of interest last year the club offered fans who bought a season ticket before the end of April a chance to join the Chairman at every home and away game in the Director's Box via a prize draw. The away games were for two people to enjoy the equivalent of VP packages if they were not allowed in the Director's Box at away grounds.

Has this happened? Has any one won one of these?

There are different factors to consider. Some fans including myself, work shifts, and blocks the opportunity from going every game which means the season ticket option is mute. This needs to be recognised by the club, and I feel that sometimes, this is not recognised, which is why there are constant moans over the inconsistency of the crowds maintaining a decent average.

For those then that 'cherry pick' their matches, a lot of the time it depends then on not only affording the cost but depending on their mates or family being able to go...the it depends on whether they can afford to go. At the moment, whether the club admits to the fact or not, the full price arrangement deters a lot of cherry pickers from coming, particularly, those with families.

The way around this is to combine a package for pay on the gate supporters and to include a matchday programme, food, drink and match into one inclusive price. Or as I suggested on a thread I started months ago, for the club to introduce a matchday lottery into the admission price, and offer an incentive knowing that you can win a significant amount of money back whilst attending, and also handing the club a commission for running the lottery.

At present, the whole matchday experience is a poor one. The toilets facilities, the refreshment facilities, and the halftime or pre match entertainment.

As a matter of interest last year the club offered fans who bought a season ticket before the end of April a chance to join the Chairman at every home and away game in the Director's Box via a prize draw. The away games were for two people to enjoy the equivalent of VP packages if they were not allowed in the Director's Box at away grounds.

Has this happened? Has any one won one of these?

Probably the same as all the incentives offered to junior members, such as the chance to be flag-bearers before each game etc..

I said this before in another thread but I think some fans are put off by the price & the ticket system. I live out of the area & travel to VP on a Friday to pay my £22 for a ticket so that on match day I can just park up & have a few beers with friends before kick off.

I don't want to leave home seriously early on Saturday, find somewhere to park my car, queue at the ticket office, walk into town to meet friends to then have to walk back up to the ground & queue at the turnstiles. Queuing for drinks/pies & the toilets are optional of course.

Back in the day you had a few beers & just turned up & paid your money...................... nice & simple.

Getting my ticket the day before is a pain because of traffic & it's time consuming but it saves a lot of aggravation on a Saturday.

Some good points about the match day experience, it's all the small things that add up.

I've not mentioned this before for fear of being nit picky or a whinger, but, the bycars bogs had new stainless steel urinals fitted about 2seasons ago, very nice, but they have not been cleaned since, like I said it's just a lot of small things.

I went to the programme seller in the bycars before the game, they had none left, which means a trip to the club shop after the game when I normally go UP the Hamil.

Food kiosks running out of food and drink before half time, lots of small things.

The key is more Commercial Activity. Everyone would love to be paying less to watch the Vale but, individual circumstances or not, the Club cannot run at a deficit indefinitely. I'm pinning a lot of hope on the new Commercial Supremo to bridge the gap that Smurf has been funding. It will not happen overnight but, hopefully, we will see a steady rise in non matchday revenues which, ultimately, will lead to bigger budgets, better results, and more through the turnstiles.

Gimmicks of any description would not encourage me to attend any more matches than I do at present. banners, fireworks, cheerleaders,streamers and all that razzamatazz as a precurser to the match would do nothing for me apart from being an irritant, bullship like that I can do without.I go to watch a game of football,if im thirsty I have a coffee or two, if hungry a cheeseburger or hot dog and finding a parking space is a bonus. If we win that's good if we lose that's usual this season, I'm optimistic by nature but watching the vale soon knocks those thoughts out of mind but there are teams and clubs in a far worse state than us so roll on crawley who wont be a pushover UTV.

Archived