Sign in to follow this  
Caz or caz123

Coventryh 2 Port Vale 3

Just been watching the goals on the telly.

Did O'Connor mean to stab under the ball with backspin so that it landed on Marshall's feet stone dead? If so then it was ruddy brilliant.

Why are a few ******** having a pop at Tubbs for celebrating a goal? People have different reactions to things. People like him, Mellor and the like create a good atmosphere, which is ultimately a huge part of what football is all about, enjoying it with friends and fellow supporters alike.

Some right ***** on this forum.

Nobody is having a go at him for celebrating a goal, we all celebrate goals.

Enjoying football is what it's all about but getting arrested for a criminal offence and creating problems for the club isn't. There's clearly an obvious line of acceptability.

Back on topic and I've left it a while before posting to take in the game in my mind.

After a dreadful start on what can loosely be described as a football pitch our 'group' were worried that a second goal would kill us off but we withstood their early pressure and had a reasonable spell towards the latter end of the first half with a number of corners which were coming to nothing.

I was thinking to myself that if we could squeeze an equaliser before half-time or at least go in only 1 down then we could turn it around. A somewhat dubious goal from Pope (I was expecting an offside flag from my viewpoint) and a stunningly worked goal from Marshall put our tails up just at the right time.

Second half and Vale were now well on top without really challenging their goal.

I've seen a lot of posts saying McGivern was at fault for their equaliser but I didn't quite see it that way myself. The goal came from a Vale throw-in a yard from Coventry's goal-line and yet 10 seconds later the ball was nestling in our net. Yes, McGivern maybe could have done more with his challenge but if he had fouled the guy we could have then had yet another defender 1 card from an early bath, and with Inniss already off the pitch it could have been costly - even then the challenge was on the half-way line so there was still plenty of yardage to stop the goal.

However, score they did, but rather than ignite their team, it only served to galvanise our resolve and I thought we thoroughly deserved our third.

Even then we could/should have had a fourth - just how the Linesman and ref didn't give the penalty on Tom I'll never understand.

Maybe the liner was miffed at Vale because Brown had had a go at him a short time earlier after a foul on a Vale player went unpunished (yellow card wise) although for a similar offence in the first half the liner made sure Dicko got booked.

All in all a thoroughly great day out, fantastic support, each and every player played their part and gave their all and a great free-cick by O'Connor to bring home the 3 points.

Did O'Connor mean to stab under the ball with backspin so that it landed on Marshall's feet stone dead? If so then it was ruddy brilliant.

I watched have hem a few times and think he did mean it, well hope he did!

It looked a brilliant pass to me just like the pass to Popey for his goal.;)

His record must be play off standard over a whole season?

Vale's league record under Page:

P27 W13 D4 L10 F37 A33

Not bad. Six of those defeats have been games with a one-goal margin. That's where improvement is needed.

P27 W13 D4 L10 F37 A33

Not bad. Six of those defeats have been games with a one-goal margin. That's where improvement is needed.

Over 46 games that would give us a points total of 73 points which would scrape a play-off place I would guess.

I watched have hem a few times and think he did mean it' date=' well hope he did![/quote']

:huh::huh::unsure::dizzy:

And you are always so keen to pick up other people for mistakes

Enjoying football is what it's all about but getting arrested for a criminal offence and creating problems for the club isn't. There's clearly an obvious line of acceptability.

So he got arrested for jumping over something? Hardly makes him death row material. Get over yourself and stop trying to be some sort of nerdy do-gooder that's never made a mistake, which he accepts it was, yourself.

So he got arrested for jumping over something? Hardly makes him death row material. Get over yourself and stop trying to be some sort of nerdy do-gooder that's never made a mistake, which he accepts it was, yourself.

He didn't even get arrested.

What are you on about you melt. I didn't even get arrested.

I enjoyed a couple of pints and some complimentary popcorn in Frankie and Bennys.

Stop stirring the ****

P27 W13 D4 L10 F37 A33

A league table based on games since Page took over has us in fifth place.

REP isn't so holier than thou as he he likes to think that he is.I noticed a insulting abusive post he made very recently has now been removed.

What are you on about you melt. I didn't even get arrested.

I enjoyed a couple of pints and some complimentary popcorn in Frankie and Bennys.

Stop stirring the ****

Ha ha REP is proved wrong again.Maybe if he was actually at a game he could come out with a valid comment(from his high horse) once in a while.

Why are a few ******** having a pop at Tubbs for celebrating a goal? People have different reactions to things. People like him, Mellor and the like create a good atmosphere, which is ultimately a huge part of what football is all about, enjoying it with friends and fellow supporters alike.

Some right ***** on this forum.

I remember a few times when people have moaned their bags off about swearing and standing up.

Interestingly very few comments of a similar nature now the subject is a known member of this forum.

Personally don't really care. I didn't see the guy but I saw Coventry fans racing over to the barrier on the left, at 2-2 and thought they looked like a bunch of clowns. And he's missed a good win in the end. So I don't think he needs the boot sending in on here to know that he's been a bit foolish.

If they survive this season they could well surprise a few in the next campaign, but it's looking pretty bad for them at the moment. Having Rob Taylor at left back can't help, he was stealing a wage at this club for years!

Bit harsh Rob Taylor was a decent player for us, for much of his time at VP. Scored some good goals for the side but he most certainly isn't a left back!

Turning out to be a half decent season when you consider where we were after the diabolical start to the season Page deserves a massive slap on the back

Also a decent contract on the table asap as we dont need another Adams situation like last summer

What about the one touch football near their box in the second half had me gasping it was like watching Brazil!! Couldn't keep it up though but just for a few seconds it looked really good!!