onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Coventryh 2 Port Vale 3

Caz or caz123

Advert

Inniss has tweeted that his ankle isn't broken so that's good news. Let's hope it's just a sprain rather than anything nastier. If he misses the next three games, he will not have enought games left before the cut off point to get a 2 game ban for 10 bookings!

Funnily enough the cov fans are saying the same thing. They say they were good for the first fifteen and that was it. I think pretty much everyone thought that peno was nailed on.

But overall great day out. All of us vale fans acting like tourists taking 300 pictures each of the ground :D great away support. Good drama. Fantastic winner. Super vale away

Spot on!Even the Coventry fans on their SkyBlues forum agree it WAS a penalty!Also full of praise for Marshall and Pope:yes:Well done to all today.Onward and upward we go:upthevale:

Inniss has tweeted that his ankle isn't broken so that's good news. Let's hope it's just a sprain rather than anything nastier. If he misses the next three games, he will not have enought games left before the cut off point to get a 2 game ban for 10 bookings!

I wonder if he's earned any money since he's been here with all the caution fines he will have received!

Great 2nd half performance. Shaky first 20 mins or so in the first half on an awful surface but we ran out worthy winners in the end.

Would like to see the penalty claim Pope had at the end. Looked nailed on to me.

I thought he should have got 2 penalties ,he got fouled twice in that incident..Stone wall.

I get that Beechy doesn't like Tranmere as he's a Liverpool fan but as Adams bitch I would have thought you would have wanted them to do well so we could play them and beat them?

I take it you didn't celebrate when he got us promoted? :D

I am only interested in what the vale do but its seems that other people want to tell me how Tranmere have done, I don't care less what they do. but I was told the score from Prenton park before I left the Ricoh stadium,

And YES I did celebrate when we got promoted,

And YES I did celebrate today too,

Popey shows the way,

Marshall great goal,

O,Connor's goal had a practice a few minutes before then made no mistake when he got a second chance.

A good match for the neutral and a very good result for us. The pitch was very poor by present day standards. Possibly time for the FA to look at licensing of pitches used by Rugby Union teams. I don't recall similar problems with Huddersfield's pitch which is also used by a Rugby League team. I thought the pitch was partly responsible for Coventry's first goal. Certainly would have expected Neal to save it on a normal pitch. As for the Pope "penalty", I thought the referee was probably unsighted and the assistant probably did not get a clear enough view to interfere. We now have had superb support away at Notts County and Coventry, so why was the support so poor on Tuesday against Oldham?

Thought we were good today, we felt like the stronger team throughout and deserved the win.

I don't like to pick players out when we are bad, also don’t want to do it when we are good (unless one player made all the difference). We were good as a team. Booking Innis, when he was going off on a stretcher seemed harsh to me. Also I have to agree it was a penalty, but in general I thought the ref had a good game. As I have said, I don’t mind them making mistakes, we all do it, but he was consistent and fair to both teams.

The only issue I had was the stewards and the police. They appeared to man handle a bloke at the end of the row that I was on (the Police). They also seemed to jump on the bloke that got over the netting. Not saying that he should not have been kicked out, but how they went about it seemed heavy handed. Although, one of the stewards fell down the stairs because of it.

Thought the Vale voice choir were tremendous today . Such a great day and I thought we deserved the win .

Big praise to the players especially the likes of Robertson Brown ,Pope and Williamson who all contributed greatly to our superb victory.

Mark Marshall and Michael Oconnor superb work throughout.

McGivern bar 1 error for there second goal was terrific also .

Like I say u give Vale fans summat shout about they will shout and sing like u wouldn't believe !

Brill Vale another excellent away day we getting spoilt :)

Great 2nd half performance. Shaky first 20 mins or so in the first half on an awful surface but we ran out worthy winners in the end.

Would like to see the penalty claim Pope had at the end. Looked nailed on to me.

I have to say it's been a while since I saw a second half as comfortable as that, particularly away.

Credit to Vale for the comeback, we wanted it so much more than they did.

Mowbray has his work cut out.

I am only interested in what the vale do but its seems that other people want to tell me how Tranmere have done, I don't care less what they do. but I was told the score from Prenton park before I left the Ricoh stadium,

And YES I did celebrate when we got promoted,

And YES I did celebrate today too,

Popey shows the way,

Marshall great goal,

O,Connor's goal had a practice a few minutes before then made no mistake when he got a second chance.

Nobody mentioned it on here before you took the thread off topic with your rant. If you had a problem with the person at the game tell them! ;)

Anyway I'm glad you enjoyed our promotion inspired by Micky Mardarse and more importantly I'm glad you enjoyed the game today as that's the focus! :D

Archived