onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Coventryh 2 Port Vale 3

Caz or caz123

Brilliant...Get em out, get em all out, the absolute pleasure, glee and satisfaction of that goal will keep me going for the rest of the year...I'm not kidding like

Wonder if the same guy was shouting get em out when the Cov fans let the smoke bomb off????

Advert

Why are a few ******** having a pop at Tubbs for celebrating a goal? People have different reactions to things. People like him, Mellor and the like create a good atmosphere, which is ultimately a huge part of what football is all about, enjoying it with friends and fellow supporters alike.

Some right ***** on this forum.

Why are a few ******** having a pop at Tubbs for celebrating a goal? People have different reactions to things. People like him, Mellor and the like create a good atmosphere, which is ultimately a huge part of what football is all about, enjoying it with friends and fellow supporters alike.

Some right ***** on this forum.

Nobody is having a go at him for celebrating a goal, we all celebrate goals.

Enjoying football is what it's all about but getting arrested for a criminal offence and creating problems for the club isn't. There's clearly an obvious line of acceptability.

Back on topic and I've left it a while before posting to take in the game in my mind.

After a dreadful start on what can loosely be described as a football pitch our 'group' were worried that a second goal would kill us off but we withstood their early pressure and had a reasonable spell towards the latter end of the first half with a number of corners which were coming to nothing.

I was thinking to myself that if we could squeeze an equaliser before half-time or at least go in only 1 down then we could turn it around. A somewhat dubious goal from Pope (I was expecting an offside flag from my viewpoint) and a stunningly worked goal from Marshall put our tails up just at the right time.

Second half and Vale were now well on top without really challenging their goal.

I've seen a lot of posts saying McGivern was at fault for their equaliser but I didn't quite see it that way myself. The goal came from a Vale throw-in a yard from Coventry's goal-line and yet 10 seconds later the ball was nestling in our net. Yes, McGivern maybe could have done more with his challenge but if he had fouled the guy we could have then had yet another defender 1 card from an early bath, and with Inniss already off the pitch it could have been costly - even then the challenge was on the half-way line so there was still plenty of yardage to stop the goal.

However, score they did, but rather than ignite their team, it only served to galvanise our resolve and I thought we thoroughly deserved our third.

Even then we could/should have had a fourth - just how the Linesman and ref didn't give the penalty on Tom I'll never understand.

Maybe the liner was miffed at Vale because Brown had had a go at him a short time earlier after a foul on a Vale player went unpunished (yellow card wise) although for a similar offence in the first half the liner made sure Dicko got booked.

All in all a thoroughly great day out, fantastic support, each and every player played their part and gave their all and a great free-cick by O'Connor to bring home the 3 points.

Just been watching the goals on the telly.

Did O'Connor mean to stab under the ball with backspin so that it landed on Marshall's feet stone dead? If so then it was ruddy brilliant.

It looked a brilliant pass to me just like the pass to Popey for his goal.;)

Nobody is having a go at him for celebrating a goal, we all celebrate goals.

Enjoying football is what it's all about but getting arrested for a criminal offence and creating problems for the club isn't. There's clearly an obvious line of acceptability.

So he got arrested for jumping over something? Hardly makes him death row material. Get over yourself and stop trying to be some sort of nerdy do-gooder that's never made a mistake, which he accepts it was, yourself.

Archived