onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adam Johnson - silly boy

Jacko51

What a terribly written article. Also, she's not a 'WAG'. She can't be a Wife And Girlfriend. It should be Wife Or Girlfriend.

But she can't be referred to as a WOG. She was presumably his girlfriend before she became his wife so she has been his wife and girlfriend i.e. a WAG :razz:

Advert

Personally, I think she has hit the nail squarely on the head with one short paragraph: "If you just stay within the safe walls of your home and keep your head down, then “situations” would not happen. In my opinion, it’s a teeny, tiny price to pay for a successful, extremely well-paid career."

For me it's much simpler than that..he has a partner and hs a child and that should all come before his own needs irrespective of his job/money etc.

What a terribly written article. Also, she's not a 'WAG'. She can't be a Wife And Girlfriend. It should be Wife Or Girlfriend.

Racist. ;)

Nowadays with squad rotation, huge squads, managers sacked every week, a pro footballer is lucky to hit 200-300 professional games over a ten year period - the days of players playing every single game for ten years are long gone. So you've got a very small time to make your money and look after your family and/or invest in your next career. I'm always amazed that footballers seem to be utterly consumed with the idea of going out, getting wrecked and chasing girls. They are supposed to be professional athletes worth millions.

I've been on this for a while but football needs a code of conduct. Break the rules and you're out. Other professional athletes have to abide by a code of conduct and football should be no different.

Players clearly cannot stop getting themselves into trouble so perhaps its time that somebody else had a go. Clearly the multitude of managers, coaches, agents, advisors, their own family aren't up to the job.

As said before, if you stay in look after yourself and put your family first, this kind of thing doesn't happen.

If you want an example - Take Nile Ranger. Extremely promising and has spent the last few seasons jumping from one club to another and then jumping from one police station to another. He's 23 and played about 100 first team games. Half of which were spread over the last 4 years. Some career. It does seem that he just needs to stay in and read a book rather than go out and get mashed. A waste.

Racist. ;)

Nowadays with squad rotation, huge squads, managers sacked every week, a pro footballer is lucky to hit 200-300 professional games over a ten year period - the days of players playing every single game for ten years are long gone. So you've got a very small time to make your money and look after your family and/or invest in your next career. I'm always amazed that footballers seem to be utterly consumed with the idea of going out, getting wrecked and chasing girls. They are supposed to be professional athletes worth millions.

I've been on this for a while but football needs a code of conduct. Break the rules and you're out. Other professional athletes have to abide by a code of conduct and football should be no different.

Players clearly cannot stop getting themselves into trouble so perhaps its time that somebody else had a go. Clearly the multitude of managers, coaches, agents, advisors, their own family aren't up to the job.

As said before, if you stay in look after yourself and put your family first, this kind of thing doesn't happen.

If you want an example - Take Nile Ranger. Extremely promising and has spent the last few seasons jumping from one club to another and then jumping from one police station to another. He's 23 and played about 100 first team games. Half of which were spread over the last 4 years. Some career. It does seem that he just needs to stay in and read a book rather than go out and get mashed. A waste.

you take him,ranger is a gold plated pillock without a brain cell, when he's past his sell by date he'll realise what a pratt he's been.

I don't know what's in place now but I can tell you that back in the 60s vale issued a litle black book toi players that was a code of conduct. Dave McClelland who played for vale in 68 showed me his and it had all sorts of rules in there about conduct away from the club. I'd be surprised if there weren't generic items in contracts such as not bringing the club into disrepute but players at the top are worth too much to clubs to not pick thejm cos they get hammered in a club the day before a match.

There should be cross club rules though that would lead to long suspensions and maybe even players having to coimpensate clubs for any drop in their value or for not being available to be plicked due to their conduct. Didn't that happen to that former Chelsea player who got done for drugs and his club sued him for a huge compensation payment cos they could not play him cos of his ban?

I don't know what's in place now but I can tell you that back in the 60s vale issued a litle black book toi players that was a code of conduct. Dave McClelland who played for vale in 68 showed me his and it had all sorts of rules in there about conduct away from the club. I'd be surprised if there weren't generic items in contracts such as not bringing the club into disrepute but players at the top are worth too much to clubs to not pick thejm cos they get hammered in a club the day before a match.

There should be cross club rules though that would lead to long suspensions and maybe even players having to coimpensate clubs for any drop in their value or for not being available to be plicked due to their conduct. Didn't that happen to that former Chelsea player who got done for drugs and his club sued him for a huge compensation payment cos they could not play him cos of his ban?

Bosnich wasn't it?

Quite agree with all you said there.

Archived