onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League B teams to enter JPT

Advert

Does any-one really care about the JPT. All league clubs play fringe players in it anyway.

And to add another point. I think clubs do in the final rounds. We certainly managed to celebrate Vale winning at Wembley because of it. It's a trophy after all. I reckon Walsall will be pleased with the competition as it's also secured their first trip to Wembley.

I think there are a lot of things that could be done to fix the JPT (because the first rounds are not that thrilling) but adding Premier League B teams ain't one of them.

That'll be me done with the competition. I'd hope that we, as a club, would respond to this by playing our own youth team instead of lowering ourselves to the acceptance that we're only worthy of playing against a team of foreign 17 year olds.

Well said!!!

If this went ahead I would certainly boycott the competition

Most league clubs don't take this competition seriously and play their own B teams in all but the final few games if they get that far.

Attendances suggest that most fans can't be bothered with it either.

Change it or scrap it, but let's not glorify it in its present guise, or make ludicrous statements about the beginning of the end.

Most league clubs don't take this competition seriously and play their own B teams in all but the final few games if they get that far.

Attendances suggest that most fans can't be bothered with it either.

Change it or scrap it, but let's not glorify it in its present guise, or make ludicrous statements about the beginning of the end.

Ludicrous statement? In what way?

It may not be the best of competitions, but this is shocking.

All 48 clubs bar AFC Wimbledon it seems.....

If thats the case then they can forget my support,havent missed a Football league trophy, Freight Rover,Sherpa van, Autowindscreens, Autoglass Johnstones Paint pot or whatever its called these days home game, but be damned if I'm going to be patronised with some premier leagues B team.

This is basically the PL/Dyke telling the L1/L2 clubs that they must give something back for the Prem 'soildarity' payments. It's not a case of anybody caring about the JPT, it's a case of being treated as inferior that's getting people ****** off.

If thats the case then they can forget my support,havent missed a Football league trophy, Freight Rover,Sherpa van, Autowindscreens, Autoglass Johnstones Paint pot or whatever its called these days home game, but be damned if I'm going to be patronised with some premier leagues B team.

I'm with you on this one blackdog:yes:Won't burn my money on this competition again;)

That doesn't explain why all the league one and two clubs bar AFC Wimbledon have approved it though?

They havent apparently

Norman's Tweeted this

I with the majority of FL Clubs were against Greg Dykes B Teams proposal.

The JPT Proposal of B Teams was discussed recently,but no decision has been made as a lot of further information and discussion is required.

It could put some extra funds into the 48 clubs within the competition,which would be welcomed

But as stated no vote/decision other than further consultations was agreed at the meeting,

" It could put some extra funds into the 48 clubs "

Thats fine, but to give it some perspective Man Citys youth team that beat Crewe tonight cost 30 million to assemble and they played in their purpose built 7k seater stadium in a complex that cost 200 million to build, so with the Premier league awash with money I dont think 48 million for each club would be out of the way and it would certainly help me get over the B team situation.

Archived