onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ryan inniss

valiant_593

The difficulty with these loan signings is a lack of experience. They are all young lads and totally unproven at this level.

And no matter what the armchair critics think the standard of football in league one is very decent and a lot harder than might appear.

On the other hand, some teams throw lads in and they prove a success. Crewe do it all the time. And if they can give us a bit more energy and pace [which the team lacks] we might as well go for it. It's pointless bringing players in if they don't play.

The likes of Duffy and Brown have been terrible of late. I'm certain that the young players can do no worse, and hopefully then can show what they're all about. I just don't see in bringing them in and not giving them a chance. If the team was winning games and playing well then nobody could have any arguments, but we're simply not.

Advert

I agree, Robertson isn't the worst defender on our books at the moment, but no doubt he'll be the scapegoat as usual.

I also agree. I had great hopes for Duffy when he was 'converted' from full-back to centre back, but IMO he has been responsible for some poor marking/tackling during the last few defensive debacles.

All those people asking why we don't play the kids should look at what happened with Ryan Brown. He was showing real promise until someone broke his cheekbone (I think) in a match and he was never the same afterwards. Still plays non league but could have gone higher I think.

Im not sure a cheek injury should ruin anyone's football career. Also, should we not play any kids incase they get injured?

There are teenagers playing premier league football, and are treating people who are 21+ like delicate little flowers. 16-17 then yes take care but if they aren't ready at 18 or so then they will never be ready in my opinion

Crewe often play 19-20 year olds on a regular basis - two or three of them.

I know you've got to be careful and nurture them but we look so pedestrian we surely need more energy in the side.

The build up has become painfully slow. I know there's a place for possession football but how many times do we go back and across and back again. It happens continually - from Yates, Brown and Duffy and some others but part of the reason they do it is because no-one is running into space and giving them an outlet ball. BW is our best bet. Loft did it all the time, but Brown and O'Connor seldom get beyond Pope and Marshall keeps on cutting inside and dropping deep.

We need more energetic and mobile and quicker players. It stands out a mile.

Im not sure a cheek injury should ruin anyone's football career. Also, should we not play any kids incase they get injured?

There are teenagers playing premier league football, and are treating people who are 21+ like delicate little flowers. 16-17 then yes take care but if they aren't ready at 18 or so then they will never be ready in my opinion

I am sure you are right, Ryan plays for Kidsgrove Athletic now, perhaps you should go and tell him to get over it! I am sure he would apreciate your wisdom.

Maybe he just wasnt good enough.....

A cheek injury dosent ruin a career.

In this case a cheek injury did have a major affect on his career, I think it was more the way he sustained it than the actual injury which ruined his confidence. We will never know now but he still looked like a footballer last time I saw him play for Stafford Rangers.

Archived