onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ryan inniss

valiant_593

Advert

Robertson is the weakest link because he's supposed to be our main CB, the dominant one at the back; he's so far away from this. Last Saturday, for example, he had a perfect chance, on the railway touch line, to clatter Hanson into the stand. He didn't even put in a challenge, standing back off. If we had a dominant CB who won headers and cleared the ball effectively, the pressure would be taken off constantly. Another thought: every week Tom Pope has a real battle against 2 centre backs. If he played against us he'd have an easy afternoon.

Pleased with this new loan signing :). He is a tall defender which we have wanted for ages.. He has also had some experience in league one with previous clubs. e.g Yeovil and Gillingham fc. He is highly regarded at Palace so I think we might have found a talent :). Hope he impresses in training tomorrow so Page will start him on Saturday. :).

My team selection for this Saturday's game is :

Neal

Yates Inniss Veseli Mcgivern

Marshall O'Connor Brown Moore

Campion Pope :).

Robertson is the weakest link because he's supposed to be our main CB, the dominant one at the back; he's so far away from this. Last Saturday, for example, he had a perfect chance, on the railway touch line, to clatter Hanson into the stand. He didn't even put in a challenge, standing back off. If we had a dominant CB who won headers and cleared the ball effectively, the pressure would be taken off constantly. Another thought: every week Tom Pope has a real battle against 2 centre backs. If he played against us he'd have an easy afternoon.

Clatter Hanson is into the stand and get sent off, I'm sure we would have been pleased if he had done that...

Clatter Hanson is into the stand and get sent off, I'm sure we would have been pleased if he had done that...

He wouldn't have been sent off. I'm talking about a proper tackle, winning the ball, letting the CF know that he's there. Robbo manages to play with no aggression in his game at all. Compare him to some of the CBs we've had, in this division, in the past. In comparison he's weak.

I would go:

-----------------------------------------Neal--------------------------------------

---------------Veseli------------------Innis------------------Robbo--------------

Yates-------------------O'Connor----------------Brown----------------McGiven

------------------------------------Marshall--------------------------------------

-------------------------Pope--------------------Campion-----------------------

Let's go for it for a change.

'

I would go:

-----------------------------------------Neal--------------------------------------

---------------Veseli------------------Innis------------------Robbo--------------

Yates-------------------O'Connor----------------Brown----------------McGiven

------------------------------------Marshall--------------------------------------

-------------------------Pope--------------------Campion-----------------------

Let's go for it for a change.

I would give Luer a go ahead of Campion, the two times he's come on he's looked very useful.

I wish Page would actually give these guys a chance to impress and show what they can do. We all know that the likes of Duffy, Yates, Birchall and Williamson aren't good enough to warrant a place in the side. I'm going tomorrow and would like to see something like this, but wont hold my breath.

Neal

Yates

Vaseli

Inniss

McGivern

Lines

O'Connor

O'Sullivan

Marshall

Pope

Luer

Subs -

Johnson

Dickinson/Duffy

Brown

Daniel

Moore

Williamson

Campion

Personally I think Pope and the French lad look a bit too similar to be an ideal partnership, and would like to see what Luer can do as he's supposed to have pace and good movement.

I wish Page would actually give these guys a chance to impress and show what they can do. We all know that the likes of Duffy, Yates, Birchall and Williamson aren't good enough to warrant a place in the side. I'm going tomorrow and would like to see something like this, but wont hold my breath.

Neal

Yates

Vaseli

Inniss

McGivern

Lines

O'Connor

O'Sullivan

Marshall

Pope

Luer

Subs -

Johnson

Dickinson/Duffy

Brown

Daniel

Moore

Williamson

Campion

Personally I think Pope and the French lad look a bit too similar to be an ideal partnership, and would like to see what Luer can do as he's supposed to have pace and good movement.

Is very much go with this, just a shame we don't have a decent right back to add in.

The difficulty with these loan signings is a lack of experience. They are all young lads and totally unproven at this level.

And no matter what the armchair critics think the standard of football in league one is very decent and a lot harder than might appear.

On the other hand, some teams throw lads in and they prove a success. Crewe do it all the time. And if they can give us a bit more energy and pace [which the team lacks] we might as well go for it. It's pointless bringing players in if they don't play.

I'd like to welcome Ryan to Vale and only hope that the expectations of some don't weigh too heavily on his young shoulders. One player is not going to make us promotion candidates overnight so please fellow Valiants don't expect too much from him or pile pressure on him if he makes any mistakes. Give him a real chance and hopefully in his loan with us he'll help to shore up a very inconsistent defence. Good luck young 'un.

Archived