Advert

Advert

Name your preferred Vale defence

robf

Right back - A.N. Other

Centre half - A.N. Other

Centre half - A.N. Other

Left back - A.N. Other

Really as simple as that and if we want to stay up this season then ASAP. Either with kids or loan signings. Anything is better than shuffling about the current five or six incumbents. If Page thinks a clean sheet will be kept just moving the current deadwood from pillar to post then he's deluded.

Advert

Out of the current crop I'd pick a back 4 of Veseli at centre back and then bring in three new players.

A lot of the goals I've seen us concede have come from the full backs getting caught out or not attempting to stop the cross coming over. If the cross is good enough it doesn't matter who your centre halves are.

Two new full backs essential. I can live with Duffy.

A whole new back four would be nice in an ideal world! I don't think Vale have ever been fantastic defensively in the 20+ years I've been a fan but this backline is dire! Collectively it's got to be close if not the worst I've witnessed!

In the short term McGivern has got to come back in, I'd try him at left back although he had 3 or 4 good games at CB early doors in the season. The game at Donny(probably the best we've played tbh) I thought he was excellent for example.

Duffy has got to go, putting it simply! How many blatent mistakes is that now? Gills, last night? And that's not counting inadvertant errors where he has been beaten for pace and/or height, positionally for example!

I used to defend the bloke when people moaned at him when he played RB and when we were in league two, but I've lost patience rapidly with him this season. I really hope it's not a pally thing with Page because he's Welsh or something!?

We desparately need someone in on loan because otherwise we may as well recall Nathan Smith and throw in the lad from Sierra Leone as we can't keep a clean sheet for toffee!

Based on form, of the players currently in the team I would only keep Veseli, and then only in the centre defence.

For Walsall on Saturday I would start with Yates, Veseli, Robertson, McGivern

Unless we can get a couple of loan signings in then I would recall Nathan Smith.

Use non if the current squad start by replacing the goalkeeper who is playing at a level to high for his ability follow the Crewe model and bring sum defenders in on loan the only bright light on the horizon is we will be in div 2 next season which should suite the presents squad.

Drop the player of the season to date? MENTAL!

Would you really not have Veseli in there? He's been out one bright spark aside from possibly McGivern.

He's been toss ever since he signed permanently and has been part of the jelly curtain since day one of the season. Always dragged out of position, sliding in, and wrong side of his man. Time to give some others a go

He's been toss ever since he signed permanently and has been part of the jelly curtain since day one of the season. Always dragged out of position' date=' sliding in, and wrong side of his man. Time to give some others a go[/quote']

100% disagree, hes been our best defender, yes still not brilliant but leaps ahead of the other clowns

it isn't just the defence even though we are making crazy mistakes the midfield aren't supporting the defence enough this holding midfield isn't working look how crewe defended when they came to vale that's how it should be done the whole of the team aren't defending properly we are getting dragged out of position instead of closing all positions down and making it difficult for team to find any space

Archived