Tues 10th Feb 2015, Bristol C v Port Vale, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

I think it's Luer who plays in the hole, I believed O'Sullivan is more of a central midfielder.

This is what Page said on the official site. "He told port-vale.co.uk: “I know Tommy well from the Welsh youth set-up, from the under-19s and under-21s.

"He has shown potential at Cardiff and he's a great addition to the squad who is going to come in and push for a place in the team.

"With Louis Dodds out with injury it's nice to bring someone in who is similar in style as a creative midfielder."

Read more at http://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/article/tommy-osullivan-signs-on-loan-from-cardiff-city-2244240.aspx#GDat869tVkwEGEv8.99

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know what evidence you have of Page's attitude. It seems to me that he tries to pick a team to win every game we play. Sometimes we have to look at the full game. Most home teams will try to attack at the start, and if the results are negative, the home fans may turn against their team. Playing one striker with three supporting midfielders (two wingers and one in the hole) is a very fashionable way of playing at the moment and certainly can be effective but does depend on the personnel. Other teams try to lure the opposition up field and then strike quickly on the break. As long as football's eleven a side, any team can beat any other team on any given day.

I think the two new lads will get game time and will surprise Brizzle.

If Vale want a lesson on how not to defend on Tuesday just watch Bradford' s second goal Dickinson gave the big lad a free run to win the header that fell for the youth to wellie in.

If Vale want a lesson on how not to defend on Tuesday just watch Bradford' s second goal Dickinson gave the big lad a free run to win the header that fell for the youth to wellie in.

:laugh: I haven't seen or heard that expression for yonks :D

A poor punch-out from Neal was more to blame it landed straight at the lad's feet and allowed him to "wellie it in"!

Will the Frenchman start against Bristol City? I hope so, this guys going to be the real deal!!!

Agree. Campion really has something about him. Anyone who watches football can see already that he needs to be playing regularly.

I love Pope but it's just not working for him at the minute. We look a better side without Popey at the minute, so I'd go with Leur & Campion up front.

Brown looked tired on Saturday but after hearing Lines interview last week "If you put me on the bench, youu may as well not bring me on" he wouldn't get near my team.

Defensively Duffy is all over the place right now. Having said that, none of them inspire any confidence in me therefore bung the names in a hat and pick out 4, or better still 3 and go 3-5-2!

With this being a bit of a freebee id change it up and play 3-5-2 with wing backs, I'd go:

....................Neal.................

..Veseli..Robertson.McGivern

Marshall........................Daniel

..........Brown......O'Connor.....

...............O'Sullivan...............

........Campion.....Pope.........

If Daniel's fit i think he could play the wing back role really well, if not I'd put Yates there.

With this being a bit of a freebee id change it up and play 3-5-2 with wing backs, I'd go:

....................Neal.................

..Veseli..Robertson.McGivern

Marshall........................Daniel

..........Brown......O'Connor.....

...............O'Sullivan...............

........Campion.....Pope.........

If Daniel's fit i think he could play the wing back role really well, if not I'd put Yates there.

Looks good except I'm not sure about marshall's willingness at wing back, I'd have Pope on the bench, half hour run out.

Archived