onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tues 10th Feb 2015, Bristol C v Port Vale, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

As someone who was actually there, how do you think the new OVF whipping boy, Chris Birchall, played?

Well I was there so I would hope I can have an opinion.....

I don't think he's a whipping boy.....I just don't see what he offers, and I never have. He's not quick enough to beat a man out wide, and he's not dominant or strong enough in the middle. For what it's worth, he looks a stone overweight to me.

Advert

Well I was there so I would hope I can have an opinion.....

I don't think he's a whipping boy.....I just don't see what he offers, and I never have. He's not quick enough to beat a man out wide, and he's not dominant or strong enough in the middle. For what it's worth, he looks a stone overweight to me.

Always has done as well.

For me it's a disgrace that we stick him out on the wing, he clearly has no pace and can't beat a man. I don't think he's near league 1 level but if we are going to play him then he may be useful last 20/30 mins in the middle if we are winning, but personally he's not near good enough.

As someone who was actually there, how do you think the new OVF whipping boy, Chris Birchall, played?

He missed a decent chance (headed over a good cross from Dickinson) in the first few minutes and I thought he did OK for the first half an hour. He worked hard without being super-effective. Wasn't the worst Vale player though.

IMO Birchall was the worst player on the pitch, missed a good chance early doors then continued to give the ball away, had a one on one but fell over then asked why no foul? Embarrassing really. Looks overweight, touch like a lead balloon and poor distribution, puts the effort in but just ain't good enough.

It would be a lot better if fans were capable of judging a player by his football ability rather than by his looks. Birchall does look overweight to me but he has the ability to be in the right place at the right time, note the penalty against Bradford and the headed chance early against Bristol. Incidentally it is not a mortal sin to miss a chance to score, all good players do, even Messi. It may be considered bad practice not to attempt to score when the opportunity arises.

It would be a lot better if fans were capable of judging a player by his football ability rather than by his looks. Birchall does look overweight to me but he has the ability to be in the right place at the right time, note the penalty against Bradford and the headed chance early against Bristol. Incidentally it is not a mortal sin to miss a chance to score, all good players do, even Messi. It may be considered bad practice not to attempt to score when the opportunity arises.

With that analogy is it also not a 'mortal sin' to give goals away? Duffy etc - consider yourselves absolved.

The reality is though that they've probably raised their game a little because the pressure was off and they knew they could get away with losing.

We haven't played well for months now so this run was glaringly obvious.

I don't know what the answer is. Two managers have had this sloppy response so it seems to run deeper

mostly same players though lady.

I've judged birchall as a player. He is ****.

I don't know what's worse, the fact your defending Birchall or putting Messi in the same post as him. He really is a useless shower of *****. I went to Bristol last night and I truly believe that if we would of started Byron Moore instead of him we may of got something.

IMO Birchall was the worst player on the pitch, missed a good chance early doors then continued to give the ball away, had a one on one but fell over then asked why no foul? Embarrassing really. Looks overweight, touch like a lead balloon and poor distribution, puts the effort in but just ain't good enough.

Spot on. That fall over he did was embarrassing.

I don't know what's worse, the fact your defending Birchall or putting Messi in the same post as him. He really is a useless shower of *****. I went to Bristol last night and I truly believe that if we would of started Byron Moore instead of him we may of got something.

That's the manager's fault. RP can't pick a proper side to save his life.

Archived