onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tues 10th Feb 2015, Bristol C v Port Vale, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

Advert

I think we've got no chance of going there and getting even a point. We haven't got the players up for the challenge, or ones that are good enough. They will murder us all night long.

The big lad smith up front could possibly score an hat trick of headers.

This game doesn't matter though, the big one is Walsall for me. Lose to Bristol and Walsall and results go against us we will be looking nervously over our shoulders.

Bristol away on Tuesday & Walsall away on Sat. - Vale at the moment on 36 points.

Crewe at home to Yeovil on Tues. & home to Fleetwood on Sat. - Crewe at the moment on 32 points.

Can't see Vale getting any points at Bristol. So points are a must at Walsall, 'cause if Crewe win both home games they will have 38 points.

Hope that Page brings in Campion, Luer and O'Sullivan to start.

There is literally no point in going there, sticking 11 men behind the ball and defending all game, because we will concede. We may as well go there to attack and put pressure on them because no one is expecting us to win anyway! I'd rather us attack, give it a go and lose 3-0 than defend all game, have no shots and still end up losing.

Like Saturday, they have a very tall team and I think they've scored more goals from set pieces than any other team in the League.

For a start, I'd leave two men on the half way line for every corner, meaning that they have to keep three back.

It might be worth bringing in the likes of Campion and McGivern to give us a bit more height.

But it's very hard to defend high balls against players who are 6/6 6/7 and 6/4. Neal will have to think if he can come out more and try and punch the ball but I suppose Saturday dented his confidence. Some refs would have given him a foul though, no question.

We also need to try harder to stop crosses into the box. Bradford's second goal was a case in point. I think it was Birchall standing off his man and allowing him to look up and centre far far too easily. None of our full backs close down their wingers. It's far too easy to launch balls into our box.

They play 3.5.2 so what formation we play is anyone's guess. Maybe we should match up, though we've never played those tactics have we all year?

Pope needs support (Campion, Daniel or Luer) and the midfielders have to work really hard to close their wingbacks down.

In many ways, it's a bit of a bonus game. Everyone expects us to lose heavily but if we try and attack them instead of sitting back and waiting for the inevitable who knows?

No doubt Page will look at the team sheets that have let in the least goals this season and pick that one. Even if the players are tired, he will pick them, cos the team sheet let in the least goals.

However, you would hope he actually picks the team who is playing well and are not tired and need a rest. This will be a very hard game and would be more than happy with a point.

I think we've got no chance of going there and getting even a point. We haven't got the players up for the challenge, or ones that are good enough. They will murder us all night long.

The big lad smith up front could possibly score an hat trick of headers.

This game doesn't matter though, the big one is Walsall for me. Lose to Bristol and Walsall and results go against us we will be looking nervously over our shoulders.

they all matter.

If we are going to play one up front surely we have to play O'Sullivan in the hole. Page said he signed him because he plays the Louis Dodds role so why sign him because Dodds is injured then play Lines there who can't play the Louis Dodds role?

Having witnessed the debacle at Ashton Gate last season, I will be happy with anything less than five this time round.

Archived