onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bratt,Oliver and Lloyd

the valiant

Time to come out and face the fans, how much longer are you prepaerd to see the club going down the pan how many more true vale fans are you prepared to see walk away from the club. Why not arrange a meeting with the fans and explain why you dont want investment. Let the fans that you REPRESENT tell you what they want does the truth hurt you are a bunch of cowards

Advert

In the not too distant future the Supporters Club will be calling another meeting at Baddeley Green along the same lines of the last one.

However, this time we will ensure in advance that Bratt, Oliver and Lloyd have a clear diary on the date of the meeting. Additionally we will do our utmost to also get Jackson and Meigh there as although deposed it would be remiss to believe they no longer have influence in the Boardroom.

In the not too distant future the Supporters Club will be calling another meeting at Baddeley Green along the same lines of the last one.

However, this time we will ensure in advance that Bratt, Oliver and Lloyd have a clear diary on the date of the meeting. Additionally we will do our utmost to also get Jackson and Meigh there as although deposed it would be remiss to believe they no longer have influence in the Boardroom.

My belief is that the latter two have the major influence, Dave.

Thanks for that Dave can't believe they have gone so long with the club falling apart and have not the decency to consult the people they represent they must really hate the supporters

The Jackson 5 did face the fans, or at least the shareholders at the EGM. They heard in no uncertain terms from the vast majority present, what the general feeling towards them is. They said absolutely nothing in their defence apart from the odd muttering from that horrible man, Oliver. When asked from the floor what they will bring to the club in the future, not one of them could bring themselves to answer. Although a great idea in theory, and to perhaps get an update from a supporters perspective, I doubt very much that any of these sad men would turn up for any meeting. None of them has an ounce of decency.

Of course they won't come. More chance of them attending a ST holders only meeting at VP though. That would still be interesting, they would think they would be OK, but I think they would still hear some home truths!! Not that I would now be able to go , being a mere shareholder!! - perhaps I could get in as someones ST proxy :ohmy:

I cannot see the Board attending any meetings simply because they don't have too. It seems to me however that they are not viewing their actions long term! We as supporters cannot/will not forgive or forget, they as directors cannot continue to alienate the supporters they claim to represent. Something has to give!

History proves that regardless of the size or fame of a football club if the Board are not wanted by the fans then sooner or later they leave by choice or they are forced out.

Normally unwanted Board members remain in power simply because they have the money to do so or there are no other parties interested in taking over. Bratt & Co have admitted they have no funds of their own to invest in the club, they know that officially almost all of the supporters want them to resign and that there are 2 businessmen ready to take over and invest much needed cash.

By hanging on to power i would like to know what they hope to achieve and why do they think that they now have the tools to succeed despite years of failure.

I will look forward to this. I hold little hope that you will be able to persuade any of the aforementioned to attend however.

try christmas day as its not like they will be having any friends round unless they pay em.

lets take the questions to them.

"it's not clear why Mr Sims now needs the days to assess the finances."

The words of Mr Oliver - http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-Oliver-urges-Sims-make-quick-decision/story-12703681-detail/story.html

"I made checks before I came on the board," said Lloyd. "I wouldn't expect anybody coming on a board not to do that. It's a very sensible move."

The words of Mr Lloyd - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/port_vale/9503558.stm

I know its been a while since these articles were published and I'm not sure if these differing opinions have been mentioned before on here, but I remembered hearing Lloyd on RS saying Sims is being sensible, then reading in the sentinel Oliver asking why he's assessing the finances.

Whatever is right or wrong, yet again our board are showing how unprofessional they are. Do they actually talk to one another?

Archived