onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Greg Luer

cheeky

Advert

Don't think there will be many experienced players at the club next season.

Norman isn't an idiot and clearly has a blueprint for the future building around young talent.

He is an idiot if he thinks playing 10 kids and Neal is going to be successful. The best sides still have proven experienced players in the spine of the team. Even the Man Utd team that famously "will win nothing with kids" had a spine of Schmichael, Bruce, Pallister, Keane, Cantona, Andy Cole.

Norman isn't an idiot and clearly has a blueprint for the future building around young talent.

I expect that even if he isn't made permanent Manager then Page will be Head Coach.

Using think we could get a better coach at our level as he appears to be highly rated.

He is an idiot if he thinks playing 10 kids and Neal is going to be successful. The best sides still have proven experienced players in the spine of the team. Even the Man Utd team that famously "will win nothing with kids" had a spine of Schmichael, Bruce, Pallister, Keane, Cantona, Andy Cole.

I don't think AJ was saying there would be no experienced players at the club. As you suggest, that would be madness. Having a spine of experienced players and then bolstering it with young, hungry players could work. If he has a look at Burnley last season, they went in with a squad of 18 first team players and the development squad backing it up. I think we will do similar next year.

We've got to reduce the wage bill, but remain competitive. That's not easy to do, but there's examples all over the football league of low-budget teams exceeding expectations and getting promoted. All those teams had good backroom staff and excellent scouting networks that found them rough diamonds. Excellent infrastructure allows you to spend less on player wages but still challenge.

We're not there yet, maybe after a summer when we finally do what we should have done years back (Gut the backroom team, get rid of the deadwood in the playing squad) then we can look forward to a season where we can defy expectations again like our promotion season.

I like the idea 'building for the future around young talent' where the plan confuses me a little (without a development squad) is we sign someone for 1 month loan. if they are a wonderkid and light the league up we loose them and left with a big hole to fill in the team

if they are unfit/not good enough we stand a chance of signing them but gambling on them coming good. Hopefully this is why campion was kept secret until he signed...but i forsee for a long period of uninspiring players/signings with the odd gem...seems like the crewe blueprint but they use there own kids so ultimatly get the benefits of the odd gem rather than the loan club.

I expect that even if he isn't made permanent Manager then Page will be Head Coach.

Using think we could get a better coach at our level as he appears to be highly rated.

Experience will be vital with young players if that is the road Norman is going down which looks very likely without experience there will be only one outcome a long hard season for 2015/16.

Luer is a confusing one

On one hand we can argue his stats of 12 in 21 league games this season is good, but they we have campion 11 in 7 , unless he has been signed for his pace and benj is out for a few weeks ?

Definitely not one as part of our push towards youth as hull have just signed him 4 weeks ago

confused as to why endoh should not get a look in as part of the squad if page is worried about pace ?

Luer is a confusing one

On one hand we can argue his stats of 12 in 21 league games this season is good, but they we have campion 11 in 7 , unless he has been signed for his pace and benj is out for a few weeks ?

Definitely not one as part of our push towards youth as hull have just signed him 4 weeks ago

confused as to why endoh should not get a look in as part of the squad if page is worried about pace ?

Think it was time the fans were put in the picture with the blue print for the future as it seems very hit and miss at present.

:unsure:

Luer is a confusing one

Endoh might find the step up from the Cypriot leagues to League 1 a bit too much. He looks OK as a player though, just not ready for the first team yet I don't think.

After one month will the Vale have an option to sign the player up on a contract?

A player on a month long loan should be one that is going immediately into the starting line up to benefit the team and get an improvement in results.

Will a young player bolster the team IF selected to play and would he blend into the style of play?

Rob and Norman will know what is best needed, but I would have thought that an experienced proven goal scorer would be better to improve recent performances, even if he is in his thirty's. Lee Hughes with scoring ability proved to be most beneficial to the squad.

After one month will the Vale have an option to sign the player up on a contract?

A player on a month long loan should be one that is going immediately into the starting line up to benefit the team and get an improvement in results.

Will a young player bolster the team IF selected to play and would he blend into the style of play?

Rob and Norman will know what is best needed, but I would have thought that an experienced proven goal scorer would be better to improve recent performances, even if he is in his thirty's. Lee Hughes with scoring ability proved to be most beneficial to the squad.

That option would cost a fortune though. The club doesnt have a blank cheque book.

I suspect that Luer and O'Sullivan are being signed for a month to enable the club to have a good look at them with a view to taking them on season long loans for next season if they are proved good enough. If I am right then that is a great move by the club.

Why should he? Norman runs the club in the way he feels is best for his investment, if he wants to tell us he can, but if he chooses not to its upto him.

Spot on. People want too much information sometimes. The blueprint for the future of the club was set out in September/October when it was said that we are looking to develop players for the future for the purposes of selling them on from the profit.

I appreciate that these two signings yesterday don't full reflect that policy, but it seems like a short-term fix to some problems in the team, which they have attempted to fix with 2 short-term signings.

I'm not surprised we haven't done any major restructuring of the squad this window. If we'd got 4 points out of the last 2 games and we're still realistically in the hunt for the playoffs then it may have been worthwhile. But we're out of the playoff picture now, and it's pretty unlikely we're going down as well. Why waste money on this season which is dead in the water, when you can save it and use it in the summer to reshape the squad?

Archived