Is N'guessan on his way out?

OakhillDave

So the official site says that Smurf has said that he had an agreement that if he got a better offer he could leave and that he is a man of his word. Well thats great that you are a man of your word but why are we even telling players this in the first place? He's said it to Marshall too. I don't get it. Is there any point in contracts?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the official site says that Smurf has said that he had an agreement that if he got a better offer he could leave and that he is a man of his word. Well thats great that you are a man of your word but why are we even telling players this in the first place? He's said it to Marshall too. I don't get it. Is there any point in contracts?

Good point.

I hear that Grew and Glover have similar arrangements.......:please:

Maybe he wouldn't have signed without that reassurance

Many types of contract, the tighter the terms the higher the costs, paying less gets less control. You pays yer money etc

Well, well, well.:nailbiting:

I think Page said he was unwell or had been ill or something like that, when he was asked about it after the Barnsley match.

Why he could not just be honest I don't know.

Unlike some on here I thought that N'Guessan was decent and a strong, powerful forward that we could have done keeping.

Surely we have 1-2 lined up if he's gone.

I think Page said he was unwell or had been ill or something like that, when he was asked about it after the Barnsley match.

Why he could not just be honest I don't know.

Unlike some on here I thought that N'Guessan was decent and a strong, powerful forward that we could have done keeping.

Good journalism Blakeman.:yes:

Surely we have 1-2 lined up if he's gone.

He got some bad information and ran with it. He could have posted it in a constructive way but he didn't. He heard a rumour, from some who happened to stand near smurf once and used it to criticise him. He did it in an antagonistic way and got well and truly shown up.

I'm all for people posting what they want but the psychology of that post interests me. Was it simply a way to brag about his (not so) amazing contacts or is there an agenda against smurf? Or a mix of the two?

I don't thinknit can be neither due to the way he phrased his post.

Don't disagree with this.

I thought that he was a good player and to be fair better than williamson. I never understand why they would put something like that into a contract, "basically while you are crap, we will invest into you and then when someone else wants you they can have you for free" Perfect sense really is.

Archived