onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

#illridewithyou

cheeky

Absolutely amazing and heartwarming story, following on from the siege in Sydney today; for every action there's an equal (and on this occasion far greater) and opposite reaction. Brilliant Australia, brilliant!

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2014/dec/15/illridewithyou-hashtag-offers-solidarity-to-sydneys-muslims-after-cafe-siege?CMP=soc_567

Advert

Saw it on the BBC website, very very nice touch by the locals in Sydney to protect those law abiding Muslims who will be in fear of revenge attacks. Great that there's still people in the world that don't stereotype a whole race/religion/country based on the actions of a minority.....

It's happening in most states here, the bus and taxi companies are being encouraged to promote the initiative too here in Brisbane.

Let's hope the hostages are all released safe and well as an aside and that the threats of planted bombs are hoaxes.

Also as much as I'm not particularly fond of Tony Abbott and Mike Beard their responses to the situation particularly telling people to not let it affect normal way of life have been very commendable.

This is a wonderful story and restores your faith in human nature. I was in Sydney this time last year and was staying about 2-300 yards from that coffee shop. :ohmy:

I was in Sydney from the 26th November until the 4th December last year. I must have just missed you!

I was in Sydney from the 26th November until the 4th December last year. I must have just missed you!

Poor Syd..he's never been the same since that experience

Hoping to et to Australia in 2018 for an extended trip taking in Far East and NZ as well....Sydney will I am sure be on the agenda but what are the other major cities in Australia like..I know next to nothing about them.

Hoping to et to Australia in 2018 for an extended trip taking in Far East and NZ as well....Sydney will I am sure be on the agenda but what are the other major cities in Australia like..I know next to nothing about them.

I went to Adelaide and Perth too (following the dismal Ashes series). Adelaide was ok, Perth was excellent where I also met up with our very own Bazza (Aussie Rules) where I was afforded fantastic hospitality from him and his better half at OVF Towers (Western Australia Division).

I couldnt recommend Australia in general high enough. It's the best holiday I've ever had (even better than Tokyo) and I will certainly be going back. I'd like to go further up the east coast, go to the Whitsun Islands, that sort of thing. You need a good 3-4 weeks over there mind.

I had mixed feelings about Sydney first time was awesome, 2nd and 3rd times were a let down. Melbourne and Brisbane are far better in my opinion. Darwin is stunning but it's more like a big country town and don't go in December the humidity is unbearable. I spent a fair amount of time in Newcastle and the Central Coast some amazing beaches and coastline.

Archived