onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

tv sports channels

mr burslem

Just in the process of changing providers from Sky to BT; we've always had BT phone, but are changing broadband and TV to BT, basically to get most Premier League and top European games (as BT also provide the main Sky football channels, including Sky Sports 5).

Seems a complex process quitting Sky, to say the least! But I'm getting there. Anyone have similar experiences?

Advert

Just in the process of changing providers from Sky to BT; we've always had BT phone, but are changing broadband and TV to BT, basically to get most Premier League and top European games (as BT also provide the main Sky football channels, including Sky Sports 5).

Seems a complex process quitting Sky, to say the least! But I'm getting there. Anyone have similar experiences?

I have been with Sky since 1990,having the full package including tv,phone and later on,the broadband,When we moved house three years ago,we were unable to receive the broadband from Sky in our location so we reluctantly moved our phone and broadband over to BT.We have had no problems in that time although we are paying about £15/month extra with BT.However,for the last two seasons we have received BT Sport for free which has been a bonus.Next season BT have outbid Sky for the Champions League,so we are expecting the BT subscription to go up even further,if that's the case,we will be transferring back to Sky now that we can receive their broadband.

Have the full sky subscriptions. Don't really watch much sport. The movies on sky is top notch, there is so much choice to choose from especially at the moment. Also tv programmes like arrow, blacklist and game of thrones are great.

I genuinely find most sport beside Port Vale quite boring. Although i did enjoy the snooker just.

• 6 months later...

Was told originally that BT sport would be free if you had their broadband even when they knew they'd be getting the football, now it's only free if you have their sports package.

Going back to my post last December, my contract ran out at the end of May and they rung me up 6 weeks before to get me to renew, when I complained I was only getting speeds of less than 5 sometimes when downloading sometimes despite being on the top package and phoning up at least half a dozen times throughout my contract to be told they'll change my channel which never made a difference so I wouldn't be renewing. I was then offered a replacement router which never came, when I chased up 3 weeks later one was sent out and now I am receiving speeds of up to 65 which is what I should be.

If changing to BT good luck and don't believe a word anyone tells you over the phone. Great when it works but they don't want to know if it doesn't and it ain't cheap.

Was told originally that BT sport would be free if you had their broadband even when they knew they'd be getting the football, now it's only free if you have their sports package.

Going back to my post last December, my contract ran out at the end of May and they rung me up 6 weeks before to get me to renew, when I complained I was only getting speeds of less than 5 sometimes when downloading sometimes despite being on the top package and phoning up at least half a dozen times throughout my contract to be told they'll change my channel which never made a difference so I wouldn't be renewing. I was then offered a replacement router which never came, when I chased up 3 weeks later one was sent out and now I am receiving speeds of up to 65 which is what I should be.

If changing to BT good luck and don't believe a word anyone tells you over the phone. Great when it works but they don't want to know if it doesn't and it ain't cheap.

I've just switched back to Sky broadband and talk as I promised after being with BT for four years.I've been penalised by BT for paying my line rental in advance and lost three months rental because I paid an annual fee at a discount price?Doesn't surprise me,I was also asked to ring in and cancel BT Sport if I didn't want it,I did and it was switched off twelve hours later.

No regrets though,I've done the right thing,I'm £20 a month better off.:sums::D

I am with BT for broadband and phone. I get BT Sport free via Sky as part of the package but have just received an email to say that I will be getting a 3rd channel BT Sport Europe but the package will cost me £5 a month from 1st August unless I downgrade to BT Sport lite which means I will only get BT Sport 1 rather than 1 and 2. I pay £3 extra for HD (!) and this is going up to £4 after 1st August. I am going to ring up and try to get a reduction in price but if not I am going to leave BT for braodband when my contract ends. They wanted to charge me about £23 a month for Infinity, on top of line rental, when new customers can get it for much less. Since Infinity has been available in my area the normal broadband seems to have become less reliable which is why I wanted to switch. I regret leaving Talk Talk for broadband and may go back.

I am with BT for broadband and phone. I get BT Sport free via Sky as part of the package but have just received an email to say that I will be getting a 3rd channel BT Sport Europe but the package will cost me £5 a month from 1st August unless I downgrade to BT Sport lite which means I will only get BT Sport 1 rather than 1 and 2. I pay £3 extra for HD (!) and this is going up to £4 after 1st August. I am going to ring up and try to get a reduction in price but if not I am going to leave BT for braodband when my contract ends. They wanted to charge me about £23 a month for Infinity, on top of line rental, when new customers can get it for much less. Since Infinity has been available in my area the normal broadband seems to have become less reliable which is why I wanted to switch. I regret leaving Talk Talk for broadband and may go back.

Existing customers with both Sky and BT get a rough deal in my opinion,this £4 a month for BT Sport HD is a right con.

Archived