onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dead shares

Stone Valiant

It seems to be that the current boards policies have always operated by the use of "Dead Shares". The methods is this;

Limit share ownership to 24.9% thus enhancing the view that no one person can own the company.

For the ease of maths, lets say that there are 1,000,000 shares.

You and your 4 buddies own 24.9% = 249,000 shares

You sell 510,000 shares to organisations that have no political interest in voting on the directors at a club, or for whom there would be a conflict of interest. These are the dead shares

The remaining 241,000 shares you can sell to whoever you like, it doesn't matter, because at the end of the day the only active shares are their 249,000 shares vs your 241,000. They will have a monopoly and always win because of those dead shares

For Port Vale, dead shares have been sold in the past to Robbie Williams (not so dead anymore, ta RW :cool:), but now there are additional dead shares with Broxap and plans for more with Ameriturf and now MA.

Do you see, the Jackson 5 don't need those people to vote for them, or have a seat on the board. As long as they aquire shares and do nothing with them, they are giving authoritarian rule to the Jackson 5.

This was why all those years ago P Jackson was claimed to have said to Mo, "Why invest your own money when you can get others to invest and take all the risk for you?"

The sleeping shareholders with their dead shares need to be made to realise they are being used as pawns here to make a mockery of this being a fans owned club.

I tell you now, this has always been the policy of the Jackson 5, and it always will!!!!

But of course, who says who can buy new shares? The current board!

This is rapidly looking as thought Starve 'em out is the only way and I NEVER thought I would say that!

Advert

Hence why Glenn Oliver was keen to sell us shares. It was a very bad day when Slime Ball Jackson came to the club. It could have been better for us to have gone into Admin for a second time or take Paladini`s offer. Trouble was we knew nothing about the man behind the briefcase.

Hence why Glenn Oliver was keen to sell us shares. It was a very bad day when Slime Ball Jackson came to the club. It could have been better for us to have gone into Admin for a second time or take Paladini`s offer. Trouble was we knew nothing about the man behind the briefcase.

:yes:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

At the end of the day, we all had the wool pulled over our eyes, we were all conned!

Great post Stone Valiant. It's such a crap time being a Vale fan. I just worry that we will never recover from this now. A bad season looms and even if they all resign, i think the books are going to be in such bad shape that Mo or any other buyer won't touch the club with a 10-foot Ameriturf sponsored pole.

Spot on SV. Haven't the board always said they like to spend other peoples money, without those people having a real say.

900 + fell for it.

Maybe we will need to look at a money back claim for mis sold shares one day?

the best post laying it out simply what has happened at our club for anyone who doesnt understand our situation and why there such unrest at our club be interesting to see what would happen if the 900+ shareholders all requested their money back at the same time for miss sale of shares wonder if they'll happen to find the money for somewhere then

It seems to be that the current boards policies have always operated by the use of "Dead Shares". The methods is this;

Limit share ownership to 24.9% thus enhancing the view that no one person can own the company.

You sell 510,000 shares to organisations that have no political interest in voting on the directors at a club, or for whom there would be a conflict of interest. These are the dead shares

The remaining 241,000 shares you can sell to whoever you like, it doesn't matter, because at the end of the day the only active shares are their 249,000 shares vs your 241,000. They will have a monopoly and always win because of those dead shares

For Port Vale, dead shares have been sold in the past to Robbie Williams (not so dead anymore, ta RW :cool:), but now there are additional dead shares with Broxap and plans for more with Ameriturf and now MA.

Do you see, the Jackson 5 don't need those people to vote for them, or have a seat on the board. As long as they aquire shares and do nothing with them, they are giving authoritarian rule to the Jackson 5.

This was why all those years ago P Jackson was claimed to have said to Mo, "Why invest your own money when you can get others to invest and take all the risk for you?"

The sleeping shareholders with their dead shares need to be made to realise they are being used as pawns here to make a mockery of this being a fans owned club.

I tell you now, this has always been the policy of the Jackson 5, and it always will!!!!

This is rapidly looking as thought Starve 'em out is the only way and I NEVER thought I would say that!

Thanks SV for the info.

The fans were conned into buying shares basically.:yes:

Great post Stone Valiant. It's such a crap time being a Vale fan. I just worry that we will never recover from this now. A bad season looms and even if they all resign, i think the books are going to be in such bad shape that Mo or any other buyer won't touch the club with a 10-foot Ameriturf sponsored pole.

"If They All Resign", can I have some of what you're on?

I wonder what RW`s lawyers would think?

Maybe we will need to look at a money back claim for mis sold shares one day?

I am with you on that one, if enough of us can get together, and get some legal advice, free if any legal people are willing to help us on this one, then either the club, or individual directors will have to cough up, and it should be a tidy sum, I would be quite happy to donate my £500 to the Sproson fund.

Archived