Sign in to follow this  
robf

Phil Hughes RIP

Much as I dislike the Australian cricket team and their attitude and love beating them on the pitch, I would never wish actual physical harm on anyone.

So, I'm both shocked and concerned by the awful injury sustained by Phil Hughes.

His family must be having a awful time as they wait for news from the doctors.

I hope he makes a full recovery.

Link - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/30189066

RIP Phil, passed away overnight.....CAN Admin change the opening titles please.

We have done.

I hope that in the circumstances, no-one was offended by a genuine title (genuinely hoping for him to recover) staying up for a few hours after he'd sadly died.

Of course, we're not here 24 hours a day so we can't always react immediately.

However, I have changed the title at the earliest opportunity to reflect today's terribly sad news.

Phil Hughes RIP.

Sad loss, everyone especially those that love sport will be thinking about his family. I also feel for the bowler Sean Abbott, he must be devastated even though it was a tragic accident.

RIP Phil.

Sad loss, everyone especially those that love sport will be thinking about his family. I also feel for the bowler Sean Abbott, he must be devastated even though it was a tragic accident.

RIP Phil.

Cricket Australia and NSW have already come out in support of Abbott over which is reassuring to see. For me (even though I had tickets) they have to cancel the test match against India at the Gabba as a mark of respect if that's the wish of his family and the players.

The main concern seems to be why it took 2 emergency calls for an ambulance to arrive at the SCG with the second ambulance actually arriving before the first. It may or may not have had a bearing.

Awful..simply awful tragedy. 25 years old is way too young-RIP. I echo the sentiments towards Sean Abbott. He bowled a legitimate ball to a top order batsman which somehow got through the helmet defences. I just hope he can somehow move on and not feel responsible. I'm sure everyone around him will give him all the support and love that he needs right now. All the best to the lad.