onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Council, The Club, The Loan and Mo Chaudry.

Smallthorne Dog

On the balance sheet, money spent on servicing debt wouldn't go down as a loss as you would have greater net assets. Or something like that. I think.

It's not necessarily a stumbling block, there are a number of scenarios which could play out. It seems that Mo was already aware of the Ts&Cs so I don't think it will affect his strategy.

Advert

Because if the Council can recall the debt in full, then it would be a severe stumbling block to Mr Chaudry making a profit from PVFC. Mo has admitted publicly that he'd ideally like to do that. In my opinion that is still his primary motivation here. If he was £2 million down before he'd even started it would hinder those chances severely. In which case he might not bother.

What else do you expect MC to say? That he doesn't want to make a profit?

Given that he relies, like most business people, on reputation then it would appear to me to be odd if he suddenly decides that "he might not bother" despite pursuing this for a number of months now.

I suggest that you read the messages from LB, who offers a clarity and accuracy not often seen when it comes to anything connected to PVFC. As he has said, he is seeking answers from the Board's representatives as to the precise nature of the trigger clause.

I cannot see what else MC can do. I suggest that you are directing this thread at the wrong target. I further suggest that you should be asking the Board about the nature of this agreement and what the details of the Council loan actually mean for the future of the club, regardless of MC's bid.

I wouldn't hold your breath for any answers, however.

Mark, do you not think it strange, in this day and age, when it is widely acknowledged that football clubs haemorage money, that someone like Mo Chaudry wants to get involved?

Small clubs can become sucessful. Blackburn and Wigan did it through chairmen with money to burn who didn't mind losing it. Vale did it in the 90's and Blackpool more recently. But they did it another way. Owen/Karl Oysten and Bill Bell followed a different path. Namely having a very talented manger and creaming off personal profit from their clubs resulting success. But we all know what happens when that business model goes wrong. That type of chairman looks after themselves first and the club and its fans second.

Mark, do you not think it strange, in this day and age, when it is widely acknowledged that football clubs haemorage money, that someone like Mo Chaudry wants to get involved?

Small clubs can become sucessful. Blackburn and Wigan did it through chairmen with money to burn who didn't mind losing it. Vale did it in the 90's and Blackpool more recently. But they did it another way. Owen/Karl Oysten and Bill Bell followed a different path. Namely having a very talented manger and creaming off personal profit from their clubs resulting success. But we all know what happens when that business model goes wrong. That type of chairman looks after themselves first and the club and its fans second.

You are having a laugh, your last sentence describes Bratt and the puppet master.

Rob, I don't doubt for one moment that - if MC takes over - this message board at some point in the future will be buzzing with invective against him. The combined pressures of trying to keep a business profitable and trying to maintain performance lead to seemingly bizarre and illogical decisions which only make sense to those making them. It is true of all businesses, not just football clubs, and if there are never chants of "Chaudry out" at Vale Park during the rest of my life then I will be extremely surprised.

Having said all that, MC is keen to come in and take over the club - that is a fact. He is also keen to invest - again, that is a fact. What are his motivations? Who can tell for sure? Only he will know, but I imagine that they are (in this order) to make a profit, to develop a winning team and a successful organisation and to improve his profile and wider business contacts and opportunities as a result. Clubs may be leaking money, but there are still some opportunities to make money with a strong business model and business people are notoriously egotistical when it comes to these things - i.e. he will feel that he can swim against the tide and make a packet out of football.

I want to give him a chance. It is a leap of faith, true, but all change comes with risk. The fact is that the existing regime can go no further. They have no money - fact. They have little or no goodwill - fact. They appear to have little or no business acumen - my opinion, but also the opinion of others. Their PR is abysmal - again, my opinion, but shared with many others and this poor PR is extremely detrimental to the future well-being of the club. Fact is that we cannot sustain this for much longer - we will be in administration soon with the imbalance between our debts and losses and our income levels gettig worse by the day - fact, as per the accounts.

My question is simple - what is the alternative to Mo? Where else can we go? If you or anyone else has any answers, then I am all ears.

Some wealthy people buy flash motors. Some buy yachts. Some get themselves a nice trophy wife and let her spend their money.

Some buy football clubs. Why does anyone do anything Rob? Perhaps Mo feels like giving something back to his local community and at the same time enjoying his wealth in a relatively novel way of doing so.

At least he'll have paid a decent rate for doing it unlikely the board who are now fast approaching breakeven in terms of what they have taken against what they have put in.

To all with reservations.

We all have reservations in life, imagine you are upstairs in a house on fire, the only way out is jumping through the window. You may land on a trampoline, or break a leg, or break your neck. That is a risk you take, or do nothing and die. You may have a reason not to jump, you can see a fire engine coming, or you have a fear of heights.

As a shareholder I need to know how to vote, I am ready to jump, just give me one reason not to, the risk is greater than my reservations.

Archived