onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Typical Vale fan?

cheshirevaliant

Almost off topic but with a slightly tenuous link. I looked at Private Eye in Smiths on Saturday and there was a photo of Karen Brady who has just been given a peerage. She was pictured in her ermine robes on the day of her introduction to the Upper House. The caption underneath read "Get yer ***s out for the Lords". I thought it was quite amusing!

Advert

Almost off topic but with a slightly tenuous link. I looked at Private Eye in Smiths on Saturday and there was a photo of Karen Brady who has just been given a peerage. She was pictured in her ermine robes on the day of her introduction to the Upper House. The caption underneath read "Get yer ***s out for the Lords". I thought it was quite amusing!

For such a self-serving, profit obsessed, domineering, snivelling, loud, nasty and obnoxious witch to get a peerage shows how low the powers-that-be have sunk. David Sullivan for minister of culture next ? Appalling, truly disgraceful.

For such a self-serving, profit obsessed, domineering, snivelling, loud, nasty and obnoxious witch to get a peerage shows how low the powers-that-be have sunk. David Sullivan for minister of culture next ? Appalling, truly disgraceful.

But apart from that she's not a bad person. :)

Is there such a thing as an average vale fan?.. or stoke/manU/any team fan?

We can average out what each individual chooses to do, which paper they buy or what they watch on TV but that doesnt make any of the people average.... people are incredibly diverse and although we tend to assume that because we like/dislike/want/see something others must do/feel/see the same its just a fallacy... we are all individuals who just happen to support the same team, some read the same paper, others use the same shop etc etc etc... that may draw a pattern of average consumption but it doesnt detract from our individuality.

The definition of an average vale fan... to me... is someone who attends games when they can, hopes to be entertained when they do, hopes for a win and 3 points, is elated [to varying degrees] when they do and is likewise disappointed when they dont.

Well I think that sums up all of us in Lorne street, but don't know about Railway Paddock!!!!:laugh:

Glad to help- and I must say that, as far as the Railway Paddock is concerned, the report is uncannily accurate.

In the half-time refreshment queue, most of us either draw or discuss modern art. We generally hold very dogmatic opinions, and fights with weapons (rolled-up copies of the Financial Times) are frequent. These only cease when someone aged between 40 and 59 (which could be any of us) begins to sing either 'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother' or 'Superstition'.

Glad to help- and I must say that, as far as the Railway Paddock is concerned, the report is uncannily accurate.

In the half-time refreshment queue, most of us either draw or discuss modern art. We generally hold very dogmatic opinions, and fights with weapons (rolled-up copies of the Financial Times) are frequent. These only cease when someone aged between 40 and 59 (which could be any of us) begins to sing either 'He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother' or 'Superstition'.

someone who has nothing better to do on a saturday afternoon or a tuesday evening than go to watch a bluddy football match, swilling the amber nectar down before and after plus taking your life in your hands driving home afterwards then up all night spewing up that jumbo hot dog which refused to settle in that nectar swill. just normal people doing normal things.:dizzy::drool::cry:

you snob"!!!!!!!!!!!, hope you never get it finished:laugh::laugh::razz:

Love it!:laugh: Good to see us Valiants have a sense of humour. Come over to Lorne Street one match, you will find all the "average" fans there are similar to anywhere else in the ground, but our facilities far outweigh those you have to endure, mate.

Now now,tell the truth mr b.You fight with a rollup Dandy and like The Nolan sisters.;)

Love it!:laugh: Good to see us Valiants have a sense of humour. Come over to Lorne Street one match, you will find all the "average" fans there are similar to anywhere else in the ground, but our facilities far outweigh those you have to endure, mate.

I was told,from a reliable source,that the LS was never finished to prevent the Manager getting moaned at from both sides.;)

Archived