onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Duplicity:Micky Adams?

NLVMalc

We are all more interested in the long term future of our club, not the signing of a couple of players for our next season in division 4.

If this happens RIP PVFC ....

I dont agree, so it is not a 'we are all' scenario. People can make their own minds up, and for my part I happen to think that the signing of players is very important.Better players = success = bigger gates = better long term.

I respect your difference of opinion, please be good enough to do the same.

Advert

I dont agree, so it is not a 'we are all' scenario. People can make their own minds up, and for my part I happen to think that the signing of players is very important.Better players = success = bigger gates = better long term.

I respect your opinion but you need to start thinking long term unlike the board -

The boards idea of a buisness plan is -

Hope we can sign a good player on a 'free'.

Hope we have a good cup run.

Hope we get bigger gates.

Hope the fans forget all about how they are running the club & back Micky.

There is no structured plan for the future.

If this board get the shares they are after then its RIP PVFC ...

Am trying to find a plus with all this, well there is only one I can think of,am positive ADAMS will get voted on buy the minority,I just hope ADAMS asks the question '' how many shareholders voted for me '' when he sees only say 50 or so he may see the light and realise there's something wrong here.He may then opt to vote with SIMMS ignoring his sponsors wishes then he will find out were he stands with his sponsor ..any more with a plus ..

Why can't it be both? Why can't MA come onto the board short-term to help the club "move forward", eg sign players etc. He doesn't have to stay there forever.

So why is he coming out with all this crap about investing £50k of his own money if it is only short term??

It makes no sense.

Micky does have a problem caused by the failure of the board to do the honourable thing. It will take longer for this cack-handed way of dealing with it.

Mark Sims will make a decision in a week.

This route will take much longer (how long are they going to wait for my postal vote to travel 9,000 miles or even further in some cases).

What a tangled web we weave....

If I recall, Adams spent **** all last season and managed to take us 4 points clear. You don't money to get out of this league.
What you talking about we finished 11th last season and the season before under Adams we finished 10th. Which considering we're in Division 4 that is embarrassingly bad.

It's the position you are at the end of the season that counts, for example Blackpool were top of the premier league at one stage last season. But at the end they still got relegated.

We've had 8 years of these amateurs running our club to know a season with them in charge will be another season of failure. How many years will it take before people realise 10 years? 15 years? Never? :shutup:

On the Port vale website Micky Adams says:

"I believe that proposing myself as a Director is the best possible step for Port Vale Football Club as we look to move forward".

In the interview on Radio Stoke he says:

"I have been asked to solve a short-term problem, Stan Meigh is proposing me"

about 1:40 http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/port_vale/9505900.stm

Which is it, it can't be both.

While driving home from work tonight both me and my mate picked up on exactly the same.

Of course signing any new players fr the forthcoming campaign is very important. However they are going to be in a position quicker by letting MS carry out his due diligence, than by carrying out a postal poll vte of all shareholders. SO you have to ask yourself WHY ARE THEY BOTHERING.

It's all about the self preservation of the fabulous five. The existing board may be down to three, but mark my words the other two are still obviously in the background awaiting there chance to come back on board once the board have their puppet of a fourth director to make it legal.

They are as crooked as a crooked thing bent at right angles, and the only solution fo rlong term prospects of a better standard of football and club is to get this cancer out of OUR club.

For Us all, your having a laugh!

LISTEN!!!! Lets get one thing straight this is no way Mark Simms fault!!!!

The Board knew they had to arrange an EGM so what did they do? leave it till the last possible minute and stretch everything out to its maximum time scale so the blame lies soloely with this fantastic board of ours without a shadow of a doubt.

They have had 7 months of stalling and its certainly nothing to do with MO or Mark Simms!!!!!!

The board aside.Robert Lee's switch has caused a huge amount of this.

Where is the money going to come from to fund better players?

But you are being a tad naive by thinking we will be signing "better" players. The board have had to spend a lot of money lately, Adams new contract is ridiculously higher wages, we have the council loan repayments, Broxap 75k deal etc etc etc.

As we know from the previous 8 years of Valiant 2001 the one thing we won't be seeing is quality players signing for us. What we will get is very average players and another season ending in mid table of Division 4.

Now do you understand why everyone is so annoyed that we missed out on 2 local Millionaires buying the club?

Doha, I was speaking in terms of free transfers. There are plenty of great players out there who are currently without a club. Adams is trying to make the best of an awful situation.

If they are great why are they without a club?

The board aside.Robert Lee's switch has caused a huge amount of this.

I've read a few times on here (from Caroline I think) that he's lined up to be chairman as well! Blimey, he'd make Bratt look popular. I agree with you though, if he hadn't sold out last week we'd be renewing season tickets in our droves now and counting down the days until 6th August. Instead, the fixtures are out next week and I couldn't carealess.

Archived