onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Today's Tribute

andy jones

All the more poignant as players associated with the Vale- John Shelton joined us in 1911, died Sept. 1918. Frank Cannon joined us 1911 top scorer that season with 18 goals left us 1914. Also Alf Smith seriously injured never played again, and Bob Blood injured but over came it and stopped with us till 1921.

In the 2WW- Tom Cooper, Fred Mills, Haydn Dackins, and Sam Jennings...

a few of the many , but our own...

Advert

I see that the Celtic fans spoiled the minutes silence again today at Aberdeen?

There's always a few clowns, but I'm glad to see that everything went off well at Vale Park. Some Celtic fans are stuck in the past, with their

bitterness eating them up. The Irish people can't stand them for a minute, and the new generation ignores them completely.

I was born and raised in Ireland , and my first job was as a painter , with a man who was on Sword beach fighting for the British Army.

He told me that it had to be done , but I wish I would have asked him more questions , because he wanted to talk about it. I was 16 though, and didn't think about it. Then I found out that my two Uncles fought in WW2. One was in the RAF , and fought in the Battle of Britain. He was shot down over France, and captured. My other uncle was in the British Army, and fought in Europe. So, regardless of past history, some 50,000 men from the Republic of Ireland gave their lives for the cause. They never thought about it for one minute, they just did it, alongside soldiers from all over the Commonwealth. Those that did not respect a minute's silence on Saturday have no place in a football stadium in the first place, because they are just laughing at it all. Most likely , they would be found hiding under a bed if it happened to them.

Fantastic tribute. Bugler sent a shiver down my spine and well done to everyone there, you could hear a pin drop. Regarding the pathetic flags it's something I was going to bring up but felt the response would have been "got more important things to spend money on!" Noticeable through last season and this that the flags on the Railway stand have slowly but surely disappeared and disintigrated. From Lorne Street it looks very embarrassing.

Due to the occasion I thought the least we could do was put some effort into the pre match service

I wish the same can be said in the preparations of our defence

Regarding the flags behind the Paddock the ropes have perished so to replace them is quite a expensive project as we would need a very high cherry picker with the ability to get up the bank

We are replacing the 2 on the main entrance on Lorne St

SMURF

P

Due to the occasion I thought the least we could do was put some effort into the pre match service

I wish the same can be said in the preparations of our defence

Regarding the flags behind the Paddock the ropes have perished so to replace them is quite a expensive project as we would need a very high cherry picker with the ability to get up the bank

We are replacing the 2 on the main entrance on Lorne St

SMURF

You won't a cherry picker to go up that bank, the tilt alarm goes off on the very slightest gradient, not trying to be smug, and I'm sure you've looked, but flag poles usually fold down without the need for anyone to get to the top whilst they are raised.

Archived