Pack the park.

valiant_593

Just looking at the fixture list, we have a few attractive fixtures coming up around Christmas.

Dec 13 Coventry

Dec 26 Sheffield Utd

Jan 3 Gillingham (old foes from L2)

Might be an idea for a 2 or 3 match ticket offer.

Wouldn't be doing a ticket offer for the first two, those are the key games fans will come to regardless, it's the Gillingham's, MK Dons and Peterborough's of this world we need to incentivise although he did a great offer last year and people didn't bother.

Advert:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boxing day traditionally clubs have bumper crowds some increasing their gate up to 40% so maybe another less lucrative day would be better to incentacise the game personally I would go for Rochdale reduced price or kids for a quid reduced price offer for the travellers too then we would see if all those moaning about the ticket prices bother to turn up.....oh probably find some other excuse!!

Boxing day traditionally clubs have bumper crowds some increasing their gate up to 40% so maybe another less lucrative day would be better to incentacise the game personally I would go for Rochdale reduced price or kids for a quid reduced price offer for the travellers too then we would see if all those moaning about the ticket prices bother to turn up.....oh probably find some other excuse!!

Pay on the gate would help as well. Who's going to give up Boxing Day drinking time to go and buy a ticket?

Advert:

I think it's key that a match or set of matches that will be targeted are set out early. Not last minute but a couple of weeks in advance, so that the message has time to get around and we can properly advertise the offers. Would make for a far better atmosphere.

The only chance we will ever pack the park is if we get a smaller ground with a 5000 capacity.!!....the missing thousands of yesteryear will never return.We're just poorly supported nowadays.

................:laugh:..............

The only chance we will ever pack the park is if we get a smaller ground with a 5000 capacity.!!....the missing thousands of yesteryear will never return.We're just poorly supported nowadays.
Very few clubs outside the Prem "Pack the park", but in the good times the spare capacity comes in, we must be due a big cup re-play soon.

Advert:

Somewhere in the mid-90's we lost a lot of support and they never returned.

In 1993 we took 25k to Wembley in the LDV Autoglass Paint Pot, but in 2001 we could only muster 13k to Cardiff for the same competition.

In 1997 when we played Wolves with a realistic tilt at the Championship play-offs, we were virtually outnumbered by them at Vale Park.

From that day on, I've regarded Vale's support as mediocre I'm sad to say.

I put this on FB yesterday, if anyone wants to join me feel free:

Ok an idea for the Rochdale Home game. I will buy 1 extra full price ticket, to be given free to an non regular fan. The idea though is that they then come the next home game. Anybody else who can genuinely afford willing to join me in gettin 1extra person to attend. Lets see if we can try and get 6-7000. Would be a start.

Well said. The Chairman needs some support for all of the good work he has done. He doesn't deserve the last two home crowds. Sometimes you think there's little else you can do but keep going yourself but ideas like this are brilliant. Well done.

Advert:

Somewhere in the mid-90's we lost a lot of support and they never returned.

In 1993 we took 25k to Wembley in the LDV Autoglass Paint Pot, but in 2001 we could only muster 13k to Cardiff for the same competition.

In 1997 when we played Wolves with a realistic tilt at the Championship play-offs, we were virtually outnumbered by them at Vale Park.

From that day on, I've regarded Vale's support as mediocre I'm sad to say.

Two words - Premier League.

The amount of money that has been thrown at the clubs at the top of the game since 1992 has been surreal (and, conversely, the amount that has been taken away from the lower leagues). That's self evident from the exchange of clubs between Premiership and Championship - it's the same ones every year (mostly).

No one wants to watch football below Championship level now

Archived