onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pack the park.

valiant_593

It's true that we were getting much better gates in the mid nineties when we were in the same league as Stoke and occasionally in a league above.

When we were previously in the same league in the fifties we regularly had gates of 20,000. Now we have a core support of about 3,000 and that has been more than we deserve at times, particularly in the Valiant 2001 period. We can get back to at least 10,000 but it will take a good many years and a lot good performances on the pitch.

I don't think we'll ever get a core support of 10k without being in the PL.

My worry is that we're still living beyond our means. NS is having to put money into the club to sustain our current setup. I'd rather we lived within our means.

We should have players to fit within our budget rather than making the budget fit around the players we want.

Pay per game should be set at £20 with offers for the least popular games. Season tickets should be priced to take this into account.

Why are we obsessing about fans that just aren't there. We're going to average between 6k - 7k depending on how many big away followings there are. Next season I want us to have players and a squad we can afford.

Advert

Pack the park ,tell the fans Robbies singing at half time ,Rudgey doing kick ups in the centre circle .

Anything too get folk in the ground ,does my head in changing ends at half time and seeing all them empty seats at the home end ( bycars ).

Its all about doing the right thing and charging the right prices and the players performing as well as recently on.saturdays.

Id personally knock the ground down build a new one with undersoil heating and make it a capacity 12 thousand with great acoustics.

Its time move with the times Vale park has had its day and unless we win cup ties the likelihood of fans filling the ground is very unlikely .

Where u build it why not Hanley we used too have brilliant gates there did we not .

I agree, as much as i like vale park its too big and was built when we could fill the stadium, we need to move with the times and have a new ground with a capacity of 12000 - 14000 then there would be a good chance of half filling it with a good atmosphere and filling it when the likes of Coventry ect come down, we need a ground with modern facilities and all enclosed.

Pack the park ,tell the fans Robbies singing at half time ,Rudgey doing kick ups in the centre circle .

Anything too get folk in the ground ,does my head in changing ends at half time and seeing all them empty seats at the home end ( bycars ).

Its all about doing the right thing and charging the right prices and the players performing as well as recently on.saturdays.

Id personally knock the ground down build a new one with undersoil heating and make it a capacity 12 thousand with great acoustics.

Its time move with the times Vale park has had its day and unless we win cup ties the likelihood of fans filling the ground is very unlikely .

Where u build it why not Hanley we used too have brilliant gates there did we not .

Where is the £20M or so coming from? Priority is stability in D1 and then promotion, the players are the essentials.

Where is the £20M or so coming from? Priority is stability in D1 and then promotion, the players are the essentials.

There's no chance of us getting a new stadium, but I do agree with the idea of us having one. There are plenty of sites around Burslem / Tunstall, (obviously there are things such as ownership of the land and transport links to consider) all within walking distance of both towns so wouldn't effect the local economy. If we had a new ground though, I wouldn't want the run of the mill design that every club with a new ground has these days. I'd keep it enclosed but ensure each end is different with it's own character. Safe standing would be great behind one of the goals too. I wouldn't let the capacity go much below 14/15k though. Yes we average well below that now, but a new stadium tends to put a couple extra 1000 on some clubs attendances straight away, if they are then retained and we go up into the championship, away support would increase. Plus if we ever get a good cup draw at home, a lower capacity would seriously restrict us.

Have you seen what's on the Old Rec site now? Any new build ground would be, by definition, out of town, whether Hanley or any of the other five.

(Oh all right three - I don't see us moving to Stoke or Longton. :rolleyes:)

Archived