onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Falling attendances.

keeled56

Advert

How do you know a game is going to be dire?

How do you know if the players are going to perform before the game starts ?

Presunably if you attended the Yeovil game it was with some inside knowledge.

I don't know for certain but I can judge on the countless times this season and the latter half of last season that I have wasted money watching them. I love going vale (prefer and go more away games than home) but for 26 quid to watch a team near the bottom of the league who are playing dull football isn't value IMO. I didn't attend the Yeovil game as I couldn't make it but I listened on the radio and it sounded like a good performance. I get your point that I don't know in advance how we will perform but at the minute for the price I will leave it and stick to away games where it's better value for money IMO.

The thing is Vale fans either want a club or they dont, the stay aways will be the first moaners when '' Smuf '' gives up and goes and we are back in the '' trap door '' league looking down on the conference, Vale have one hell of an arm chair supporters base, we know this due to gates when we get a prem club in the FA cup ( albeit we havent in recent seasons ) come on all you vale fans get to the game, the Vale need you !

It's very expensive to watch the dire football on show. Simple as that, I don't mind paying 26 pound if the players perform and the football is good. At the minute I won't pay that to watch us.

I don't think the football on show is dire. We play some decent stuff. If you think it should be any better go and support a Premiership team (apart from Stoke of course as their football is still atrocious).

The problem is defending. Learn to do that and we'll win more than we'll lose. Simple really.

Attendances must be a major concern for Norman now, as even Tranmere and Shrewsbury got bigger gates than us last night!

I live 4 miles from Tranmere and they are my second team. I still decided to watch Port Vale, but the weather took its toll on the attendance. Tranmere is a metropolitan area with significantly better public transport and road network than Stoke.

What does concern me is the number of games Port Vale and other teams at our level have to play in mid week or Friday night etc. it is a lot and people at work and with families can't fix things to be there like they can at weekends. That is root cause of lower attendances and especially when there is also competition from the Champions League.

I don't think the football on show is dire. We play some decent stuff. If you think it should be any better go and support a Premiership team (apart from Stoke of course as their football is still atrocious).

The problem is defending. Learn to do that and we'll win more than we'll lose. Simple really.

No thanks, I love Vale, but at the minute i think the football on show has been dire, as it was under Adams. The problem is the defending, but Tuesday we were toothless against a side bottom of league with an extra man. IMO we dont play decent stuff, the only game I can say we passed it very well all game and played some very decent stuff was Doncaster away.

No thanks, I love Vale, but at the minute i think the football on show has been dire, as it was under Adams. The problem is the defending, but Tuesday we were toothless against a side bottom of league with an extra man. IMO we dont play decent stuff, the only game I can say we passed it very well all game and played some very decent stuff was Doncaster away.

I thought we played decent stuff against Barnsley and yeovil tbf

I don't know for certain but I can judge on the countless times this season and the latter half of last season that I have wasted money watching them. I love going vale (prefer and go more away games than home) but for 26 quid to watch a team near the bottom of the league who are playing dull football isn't value IMO. I didn't attend the Yeovil game as I couldn't make it but I listened on the radio and it sounded like a good performance. I get your point that I don't know in advance how we will perform but at the minute for the price I will leave it and stick to away games where it's better value for money IMO.

Could not make the game but could listen on radio seems to me like i Conna be bothered

Archived