onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Falling attendances.

keeled56

Advert

To be honest the crowd was going to be a low one yesterday. The weather was abysmal and there was CL football on the television. Some people are saying about the ticket price increase a few hours before kick off, other teams do it by a couple of pounds so I don't see much of a problem. However on the ticket price front (regardless of walk up fee etc) there are pros and cons on each side. Following the FFP rules, the club needs to be careful with regard to throwing money at players like confetti. One of the chief ways of making money at any football club is ticket prices so if the club lower the prices does this mean we can only attract players on a short team deals etc? The matter is made worse with the amount of loan signings made and none of them have really troubled the starting XI who do we blame for this, MA and RP signing players who are a. unfit b. not better then the options we have now? or NS for changing the approach of the club and signing youngsters? The youngsters are all well and good but if they are not actually ours we can not sell players for profits? Personally I would like a few games this season to follow MK Dons lead and have a 'family fun day' £10 for adults and a £1 for the kids. If Vale win and play well hopefully the fans will get the bug again and start coming back?

T The matter is made worse with the amount of loan signings made and none of them have really troubled the starting XI who do we blame for this, MA and RP signing players who are a. unfit b. not better then the options we have now?

Not yet managing to keep a clean sheet all season will not attract fans through the gate.Same poor defending by the same people but little changes and the situation carries on and on.

Did MA / RP have much say or any influence on the signing of some of these players.Or has Smurf just gone ahead and signed them without consulting MA/RP? Is this why there has been a lack of these players getting a game?

It's very expensive to watch the dire football on show. Simple as that, I don't mind paying 26 pound if the players perform and the football is good. At the minute I won't pay that to watch us.

How do you know a game is going to be dire?

How do you know if the players are going to perform before the game starts ?

Presunably if you attended the Yeovil game it was with some inside knowledge.

2 home games in a week is to expensive for most fans these days so they are bound to choose the Saturday match unless it was a good team we were playing. saying that it wasn't that long ago we were close to not having a club to support so in such a short space of time some fans are starting to moan and groan about silly things. smurf as backed MA and RP this season so the best us supporters can do is show him that we appreciate what he is doing yes I understand we aren't doing brilliant but if we get behind the team we aren't many points of the play offs 3 or 4 wins on the bounce and our season will look totally different.

2 home games in a week is to expensive for most fans these days so they are bound to choose the Saturday match unless it was a good team we were playing. saying that it wasn't that long ago we were close to not having a club to support so in such a short space of time some fans are starting to moan and groan about silly things. smurf as backed MA and RP this season so the best us supporters can do is show him that we appreciate what he is doing yes I understand we aren't doing brilliant but if we get behind the team we aren't many points of the play offs 3 or 4 wins on the bounce and our season will look totally different.

There'll be none of that optimism around here. Move along Sir.

It was quite possible to watch Champions League live and still attend the match. I did and regretted the attendance, not for the quality of the football (I've watched Vale for over 65 years) but for the effect on my health of the conditions. I've come to believe that there are time when a match should be postponed because of adverse weather conditions for spectators - it is already done when there is ice on the surrounding areas. Possibly a decision for the police rather than the referee.

Archived