onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Branson offers staff unlimited holidays

cheshirevaliant

Advert

In all seriousness if an organisation reaches a level of maturity where this happens then fiar play to it and the staff.

I wonder what will happen if someone decides that the team can cope, bobs off on a 4 week holiday but then returns to find they were wrong about the team coping? I think I can guess.

Teachers already do anyway don't they??

I think Vale have had some players in the last 15 years or so who thought they were in this scheme but with full pay and benefits. Rocastle, McGoldrick, and for the ones as old as me, Bob Delgado - could name many more, but none of the current squad.

Branson is at least a good 'free thinker' and the idea is sound - not sure human nature would let it happen without prejudice, some bosses would always hold it against workers who took time off and privately damage their prospects perhaps. But good on Branson, I think he should be in charge of some of those banks that failed or maybe Tesco could do with him.

It strikes me as a good way to find out who is devoted to the success of the firm and who isn't. I worked for several years in a voluntary capacity with others in the same position. We were all able to take time off whenever we felt like it but very few did and the vast majority of the volunteers arrived early in the mornings and left late in the afternoon.

Depends what commitments peple have outside their work, their commute etc

Agreed, and especially for the army of unpaid carers looking after sick or elderly relatives, who have to get home and start work all over again but rarely moan or get noticed. 'Being devoted to the success of the firm' comes a poor second behind looking after loved ones, and if it doesn't then we are all in a poor state (pun intended).

I think that you have missed the point in that it applies to his PERSONAL staff not to the whole workforce. Typical media sound bites because he says - if you bother to read the whole statement - that if they take advantage of it then their careers and I assume reference will suffer.

Lots of chief executives etc do this and let's face it many bankers have turned this into an art form by underhand dealing and awarding themselves massive bonuses in the process. I am assuming that they have to take time off to enjoy their ill gotten gains.

Just a thought - is this a FOOTBALL forum?

Sorry but I am seriously annoyed about some of the threads on here. If you want to comment on political and sociological issues then there are so many forums you can post on.

Personally I want to know views and argue on football and Port Vale issues such as ' is Dodds good enough to demand a start each week'. This is what I look at OVF for not all the other issues that we hear about through the media.

Just for information I think Dodds should have a starting position for the next few matches.

Archived