onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

rob page and player fitness

mr burslem

Possibly a dig at MA for dropping him for the Peterborough game? I like Lines, but he looks like the type of player who can drift a bit if he is not given a kick up the **** every few months. Last season, I remember he was dropped for Orient away, then came back and was a revelation for that good run we went on up to Christmas. This season seems to have followed in the same pattern, start slowly, dropped for an away game where we were unlikely to get anything anyway, come back and start playing to his potential.

Obviousy something was amiss with the squad we have, a squad which on paper should have been challenging at the top of the division. but after the dismal start to the league program (doncaster apart) there are signs that RP can turn things around, fingers crossed,UTV.

Advert

Possibly a dig at MA for dropping him for the Peterborough game? I like Lines, but he looks like the type of player who can drift a bit if he is not given a kick up the **** every few months. Last season, I remember he was dropped for Orient away, then came back and was a revelation for that good run we went on up to Christmas. This season seems to have followed in the same pattern, start slowly, dropped for an away game where we were unlikely to get anything anyway, come back and start playing to his potential.

Lines does give the impression sometimes of strolling through games,I just hope the change of managers brings out the best in him.

Does it really matter what RP does or doesnt do different to Adams. Prepare however you want, be fiiter than the rest if you need be. But unless you have a never say die attitude and players that can turn a game at the drop of a hat. Move intelligently on and off the ball, have vision and awareness of what is around you and finish youre chances, your going to struggle in this league. Somethhing every team baring Barnsley this season has, that at the moment we dont have. Players on big wages not living up to billing alongside average league two left overs. Not a good match.

Does it really matter what RP does or doesnt do different to Adams. Prepare however you want, be fiiter than the rest if you need be. But unless you have a never say die attitude and players that can turn a game at the drop of a hat. Move intelligently on and off the ball, have vision and awareness of what is around you and finish youre chances, your going to struggle in this league. Somethhing every team baring Barnsley this season has, that at the moment we dont have. Players on big wages not living up to billing alongside average league two left overs. Not a good match.

Sounds to me like some players thought they were better than MA's tactics, instigated pressure on him to be replaced with some lacklustre performances......And now can't back up their opinion that they knew better.... I think some believe they are better than what they are.

If players are calling the shots, then recipe for disaster. If Page remains their mates, he won't command the respect required from the players.

They have got to be under no illusion that first and foremost you go out there and battle for every 1st & 2nd ball, only then have they earned the right to play...... Doug Loft did just that, maybe that's what made him a great captain

At the moment we are a bit like Brizzle city were last season I.e. massively under achieving. Let's hope next season we do as well as they are this.

But we're only 20% through this season:shutup:

My thoughts are that it's time for a total managerial change.

Let's get some new ideas into the Club.

Archived