onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

rob page and player fitness

mr burslem

I thought there were several years under Foyle and Glover when Port Vale were not fit enough and we lost lots of games in the second half of the second half. At the moment the team looks very fit indeed but so do most opposition teams. So there is no scope for slippage.

When I watched the Man United game v QPR last week on TV I was struck by QPR lagging in fitness. Although Man Utd obviously now have a formidable front 6, QPR just didn't have the legs in midfield and I felt it was unprofessional of them. I guess an excuse might be signing players late in the transfer window.

Advert

• 3 weeks later...
I don't think we are particularly fit team. We lack any kind of movement in games. Crewe fans couldn't believe how unfit and slow O'connor looked.

That crewe game proved to be a turning piont where all the false vale fan optimism went out the window and reality dawned. The mickey adams fitness myth was shattered but it hasn't stopped the players from spin and bull**** Line s is at it now in today's stokienal and this squad obviousley want there mate Page as the new manager hope smurf realises this would be a mistake we need someone new to get this squad performing regularly without there comfort zone at butlins vale park

That crewe game proved to be a turning piont where all the false vale fan optimism went out the window and reality dawned. The mickey adams fitness myth was shattered but it hasn't stopped the players from spin and bull**** Line s is at it now in today's stokienal and this squad obviousley want there mate Page as the new manager hope smurf realises this would be a mistake we need someone new to get this squad performing regularly without there comfort zone at butlins vale park

Bore off.

I dont buy all this we are the fittest team in the league, surely come the first week of august most teams have been built up over several weeks to be close to100% fit, so for me nearly every team is at the same level of fitness, we certainly look no fitter than any other team

I totally agree with this. We certainly haven't looked fitter than the opposition this season.

It's a revealing article by Lines about how the team prepared or should I say didn't prepare for matches under Adams.

Certainly is quite a damning look into Adams' pre-match preperations.

Sadly I don't think its far from the truth. I think Lines and the other midfielder knew that they would more than likely be losing the midfield battle week after week. Therefore it had a knock on effect on their enthusiasm and performance.

Certainly is quite a damning look into Adams' pre-match preperations.

Sadly I don't think its far from the truth. I think Lines and the other midfielder knew that they would more than likely be losing the midfield battle week after week. Therefore it had a knock on effect on their enthusiasm and performance.

I imagine it must have been quite disheartening for him seeing the ball sail over his head from our defence at every opportunity, before being asked to fight a losing battle in an outnumbered midfield every week.

I don't doubt what he says for a second. It's pretty much the conclusion I came to around March time last season.

Possibly a dig at MA for dropping him for the Peterborough game? I like Lines, but he looks like the type of player who can drift a bit if he is not given a kick up the **** every few months. Last season, I remember he was dropped for Orient away, then came back and was a revelation for that good run we went on up to Christmas. This season seems to have followed in the same pattern, start slowly, dropped for an away game where we were unlikely to get anything anyway, come back and start playing to his potential.

Archived