onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

rob page and player fitness

mr burslem

Genuine question here, since there are loads of OVFers better informed than I am.

Mickey's pre-season sessions generally created the impression of a club whose players were very fit.

Does anyone know if Rob Page shares that ethos, or perhaps was even the wellspring behind it?

Any information, and particularly anecdotal evidence, gratefully received........

Advert

I have no idea but it hasnt done us any good this season. I would prefer players with ability over headless chickens who can run all day... its difficult, given the comments made in the senile, to decide who is making them, its hard to distinguish between what adams always said and what page says... If adams/page/grew/glover brought about this shambles why cut the head off the beast then let it grow another?

Although adams was the gaffer the others either paid lip service to adams, which should exclude them for being sheep, or they think the same as adams, which should exclude them for helping to produce cack

Micky philosophy on Football was simple if your fit, you give 100% and can get stuck in you were ok by him.

Now for a team who were once upon a time filled with players like Griff and Big John Mcombe's standard that is exactly the game plan you use to utilise those kinds of players/Pack horses. Problem is I think Mickys bought in players this summer that are of a different kind of quality where as he needs a bit more insight and tactical imagination to get them up and running which lets be fair was always lacking in MA's Port Vale.

Being honest we have already had the best out of Micky's box of tricks this season a good pre-season set up to get the boys fighting fit, that's part the reason I think he's gone his usual good start to the season hasn't happened and he doesn't know what to do to turn it around

I don't think we are particularly fit team. We lack any kind of movement in games. Crewe fans couldn't believe how unfit and slow O'connor looked.

In fairness he wasn't going to be fit to play at one point....he probably shouldn't have started in the first place

Though this season I'm in no mood to actively defend any of them particularly as none of them are prepared to defend on the pitch!

In fairness he wasn't going to be fit to play at one point....he probably shouldn't have started in the first place

Though this season I'm in no mood to actively defend any of them particularly as none of them are prepared to defend on the pitch!

To be fair I'd forgotten he was a doubt.

I dont buy all this we are the fittest team in the league, surely come the first week of august most teams have been built up over several weeks to be close to100% fit, so for me nearly every team is at the same level of fitness, we certainly look no fitter than any other team

The reason we have been so poor in the 2nd half of seasons is because of Micky Adams fitness regimes. Burns players out.

I disagree. I think that the effect of pre-season wear off because when you're playing a game or two a week you can't sustain that level of intensity

"....and his tactical knowledge" Rob Page tactical knowledge is that it's 11v11 and formations are not important.

I think people have taken that out of context tbh and its a little boring now,i imagine what he was getting at is that formations aren't as important as people make out and it is in fact 11 v 11,i don't for one minute think he was saying he wont bother with formations,we will find out over the next few weeks anyway

The adams fitness story is just that a myth perpetuated by the squad to cover up obvious failinggs my 80 year old granny is fitter than this bunch anyone whose waychrd any games this season can see they fall below the level of most other clubs i avlost count of the number of games where i have said have they the opponents got more than ten outfield players on the pitch

Archived