onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New manager

cheshirevaliant

I'm assuming that Pulis was on millions at Stoke and Crystal palace and was a successful Premier league Manager last year (Did he win Manager of the year??). Realistically, he may be looking at other challenges than PVFC!!!

Page and Grew will defo get it,as its the cheaper option..

Advert

Those saying tony pulis. Are you for real? Premiership manager of the season meant to be going Cardiff. Why would he come vale and why would we want a manager that plays worse football than what we've currently been witnessing? For me it's rowett all way. Failing that an experienced manager that involves the youth and likes to pass the ball. Personally I don't think aspin should be the choice and the same goes for ainsworth.

I don't think money is an issue Micky was on a fair wage apparently so we should be able attract some very good candidates. I said on another thread Noel Blake not much experience at league level but was manager at England U19s and did really well. Would have some great contacts also and is out of work.

Again Ainsworth's record WON 5 Drew 1 Lost 1 (any 'given' day):laugh:

It's early days in the season though yet. Remember we were top of the league before Adams went to Sheffield Utd and dropped out of the playoff positions by the end. Similar to this season, where we were top for a bit during the Oldham game. It's a short, successful run - judging over a season or two gives more of a marker in my opinion.

Anyway, NO ex-players.

I'd be suprised if it was Aspin or Rowett. Aspin recently signed a new 2 yr contract so we would have to pay compensation and hasn't Rowett recently turned down Blackpool. Suppose depends on his reasons for turning them down but would be suprised if he comes vale after turning them down.

To be fair Blackpool offered rowett the job whilst the had a manager, nobody would want to manage there anyway.

Why always the ex-vale players as our next manager?

Need someone who has connections with Prem and can get loan players in.

There are loads of ex-managers out there, just what the budget and salary will be. Question is - what is left in the sweaty jar?

Ole....would be a great option and has worked wonders with no money in Norway.

It's early days in the season though yet. Remember we were top of the league before Adams went to Sheffield Utd and dropped out of the playoff positions by the end. Similar to this season, where we were top for a bit during the Oldham game. It's a short, successful run - judging over a season or two gives more of a marker in my opinion.

Anyway, NO ex-players.

We were 2nd when Adams left

I doubt it will be Aspin as it would involve decent amount of compensation, taken from Wikipedia:

Halifax had a great start to the 2014–15 season and Aspin was named as the division's manager of the month after leading the club to five wins in six games in August. During that same month he signed a new two-year contract with the club

Archived