onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New manager

cheshirevaliant

There is a difference here though. Foyle and Glover were unproven when they took charge of us, and were rather blind appointments. Aspin, however, is gaining a good reputation for himself as a manager already.

Whether he would suit us anyway is a different question.

Yes but Aspin has managed in non-league, not League 1. There's a difference.

Advert

I've got mixed feelings about MA going but there are some useful people to consider. I understand Robbie Fowler is looking for a Managers job. I used to teach him and he's football bright.

We need to consider how we get talent on loan from a higher level and contacts are needed for that.

Definitely not Aspin for me - what's the obsession with ex-players? Non-league is a completely different management arena than the league and not many make the step up successfully.

Gary Rowett maybe as Burton must have one of the smallest budgets in the league but are always there or there abouts.

I'm not sure who is out of work at the moment, anyone have a list?

Gareth Ainsworth or Aspin will do for me. Purely on the basis that both men have done wonders at Small clubs. They both were key players in the Rudgie era.

Ainsworth should at least be given an interview.

In response to the " Dont take on old players brigade" Did Glover or Foyle have good solid managerial experience before they took on the Vale roles?. In contrast to Aspin and Ainsworth- who have solid experience and know the club.

Give Aspin and Ainsworth least an interveiw Smurf - you may be overly impressed.

In response to the " Dont take on old players brigade" Did Glover or Foyle have good solid managerial experience before they took on the Vale roles?. In contrast to Aspin and Ainsworth- who have solid experience and know the club.

Give Aspin and Ainsworth least an interveiw Smurf - you may be overly impressed.

Although Ainsworth is doing well this season, he nearly got Wycombe relegated to the conference last year - I don't think he's the man for us. Aspin has only managed in non-league - it's a completely different ball game.

Steve Davis for me. Worked wonders on a shoe string at Crewe over the last few years. He has been royally shafted by the board at Crewe who have not given him a penny to spend despite getting rid of all their best players from the last few seasons.

Deserves a shot at a bigger club & i think he would be a good fit for us.

In all seriousness, would anybody take Brian Horton? His last side played great football and he did have an eye for young talent i.e. Bridgey and Mcphee & brooker? He would also be an old experienced head in this situation.

Agreed, though he would be a backward step. Did a great job overall as manager, but I would rather we looked at a young manager with modern ideas.

Steve Davis for me. Worked wonders on a shoe string at Crewe over the last few years. He has been royally shafted by the board at Crewe who have not given him a penny to spend despite getting rid of all their best players from the last few seasons.

Deserves a shot at a bigger club & i think he would be a good fit for us.

That rules him out then. :D

Archived