onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams resigns

Jacko51

Advert

Aspin please.

Aspin may have done very well with Halifax, but for me I'd like someone who can:

- Implement a good style of football: Organised, good passing and attacking - but no hoofball.

- Spot and develop young and/or local talent - i.e. give the youth teamers a chance or pick up young promising strikers from non-league like Dagenham seem to (who then sell them onto Peterborough... for good profit and sell on fee's)

Now whether this manager is experienced at this level, which maybe they should, I think the priority should be trying to play good football.

The only reason I question Aspin is based on the fact that I don't know what kind of football his Halifax side play.

I hope Smurf does actually have someone in mind, or at least is getting some help on this. My head says see how Page does for 3 or 4 games. If he sets up similarly to Micky then get rid but if he tries to put a different stamp on our game - with success - then it could work out well for all.

Thanks Micky, for everything. You've done a really good job for us and I hope the recent run of results doesn't tarnish your reputation amongst Vale fans.

Now hes gone are all you who wanted him gone going to get behind the team now or find another excuse to moan about them , and will you keyboard warriors make an apperance?

I think you know the answer vale blue.there are a few fans on here with limited abilitys but as we all know the babies always make the most noise hope they get what they deserve

Smurf - I know this is not usual but due to MA having the balls to actually resign himself, I do not think that his reputation has been damaged amongst Vale fans. In fact, I think that a majority of fans hold him in high respect. Thus said, I hope that you can get MA to the game on Saturday as I for one and I know many others who would happily give him the ovation that he deserves for his work over the past 5 years. Of course we move on, but it is important to respect what MA has done overall for our club, and that by making this decision so early, a new manager will have the required amount of time to turn our fortunes around.

I hope the club appoint the right person going forward and then we'll see what happens. It's impossible to know what direction football takes so without the benefit of hindsight there's no way of knowing if this is the right or wrong decision - only time will tell on that one.

However, I think at the moment it's right to look upon the good elements of Adams' spell(s) such as promotion, the Burton game, the professionalism he brought to training, the rallying of the club and players in the early part of 2012-13 and the good start to League One last season.

I'm sorry to see him leave, I hope he now leaves a legacy we can look back on and enjoy and that he'll now be remembered fondly at Vale.

Very sad to lose a Manager that has done so much good for the club and gave us so much to cheer about when we were at rock bottom. But during 2014 we have struggled for some time and the football hasn't been good to watch. It's always a sign a change is needed when the team struggles and the manager sits on the side lines and does nothing. He looked like his heart wasn't in it anymore. At least he went out with his pride intact and will be remembered for turning us around and the rollercoaster promotion season.

I'll wish him good luck in the future (I wonder if he already has a new challenge lined up?), but now it's onwards and upwards. Let's get behind the Team on Sat!

I hope the club appoint the right person going forward and then we'll see what happens. It's impossible to know what direction football takes so without the benefit of hindsight there's no way of knowing if this is the right or wrong decision - only time will tell on that one.

However, I think at the moment it's right to look upon the good elements of Adams' spell(s) such as promotion, the Burton game, the professionalism he brought to training, the rallying of the club and players in the early part of 2012-13 and the good start to League One last season.

I'm sorry to see him leave, I hope he now leaves a legacy we can look back on and enjoy and that he'll now be remembered fondly at Vale.

Any chance of some sort of video of Adam's best moments during his spell/s with us? Just as a way of saying although the time was right to part, what you did for us will not be forgotten.

Very disappointed to lose our second best Manager of the last 30 years. However, his last two post match interviews have suggested that perhaps the pressure was getting to him.

I'm assuming Rob Page will now get a chance at least initially but the pressure will be on Norman to make the right appointment.

Mixed emotions here, it's clear it was nearing his time to go but even so with his departure I do feel a bit sad if I'm honest. No matter what people say Micky helped save the vale from non league and got us to where we are today. The football hasn't always been great, this season it's been very poor but overall it's been an extremely successful tenure as vale manager and I thank him for everything he has done for the club and wish him the very best of luck.

Thanks Micky Adams!

Archived