onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dont go the games? Then don't comment!!

Like Vale I Do

Last night we were practically down to the bare bones of ST holders only. Yes, we were moaning, yes we were fed up and yes it was poor again. We all moaned about the team selection, the substitutions and the fact that we all knew we needed better centre backs ( not mentioned until McGivern has been shown up ) We all know better and we all could do Micky's job...

I never heard however, people calling for Micky to go, it just wasn't that atmosphere, generally supporters were down but willing to give him a chance to turn it around, as I am. Then this morning on the radio, the vast majority of texters, callers - people who went last night, were backing Micky to make the changes and give him time.

And then I look on here....., wow, just all the same people who were loving the drama of admin, will he, wont he sign? And then sheepishly add I'm not going anyway cause " the product is no good" - thanks for that catchphrase Paul Wildes - I would love to know as a % how many of you demanding Micky to go were there last night. Micky Out??!! Then what, you don't go cause we don't have a manager and Vale are in turmoil or just stick with not going cause its too expensive?

Advert

Last night we were practically down to the bare bones of ST holders only. Yes, we were moaning, yes we were fed up and yes it was poor again. We all moaned about the team selection, the substitutions and the fact that we all knew we needed better centre backs ( not mentioned until McGivern has been shown up ) We all know better and we all could do Micky's job...

I never heard however, people calling for Micky to go, it just wasn't that atmosphere, generally supporters were down but willing to give him a chance to turn it around, as I am. Then this morning on the radio, the vast majority of texters, callers - people who went last night, were backing Micky to make the changes and give him time.

And then I look on here....., wow, just all the same people who were loving the drama of admin, will he, wont he sign? And then sheepishly add I'm not going anyway cause " the product is no good" - thanks for that catchphrase Paul Wildes - I would love to know as a % how many of you demanding Micky to go were there last night. Micky Out??!! Then what, you don't go cause we don't have a manager and Vale are in turmoil or just stick with not going cause its too expensive?

Fair enough. Good post there. Fair play to you , and the others that were there on Tues. night. True fans indeed, However, if Vale were to lose on Sat.

do you think Micky should go? Seven losses in a row is a lot , and is serious cause for concern.

Good post.

Fair enough. Good post there. Fair play to you , and the others that were there on Tues. night. True fans indeed, However, if Vale were to lose on Sat.

do you think Micky should go? Seven losses in a row is a lot , and is serious cause for concern.

I'm not sure and the main reason is my concerns over his replacement. Rob Page would surely be the bookies favourite and for me, he is what we have now with a lot less experience, which is worrying.

I do agree with most of the opening thread but think that it is a little unfair to condemn people for a genuine complaint. Surely everyone one apart from REP can see that the tactics are awful. In truth Adams tactics have always been suspect but you can get away with it more in L2.

I rarely miss a game unless business dictates otherwise but I simply aren't enjoying the games anymore because the play is poor I constantly worry about the changes that are going to be made because lets face it how often do they improve things? Take Tuesdays master plan! How can anyone think that replacing Marshall and Slew with Daniel and Birchall would improve things?

Yes we all think that we could do better than Micky. Sadly I feel most of us at the present time really could!

I think the fact that there were 3600 Vale fans there on Tuesday says it all. A lot of people around me were in agreement that Adams' time is up.

I don't really see the point you're making. People may have had work commitments or not have been able to afford the ridiculous £26 entrance fee. That doesn't mean that:

1.They haven't seen enough games to realise Micky doesn't know what he's doing

2. They can't have an opinion on the matter

Edit: I've missed one game this season (Peterborough) so start totalling up a nice little percentage.

I still go to support Port Vale, not Micky Adams. Adams can **** off.

I go to every game I can and have only missed the Cardiff and Bristol games, I'm pretty sure I've seen enough of vale to build my own opinion thanks, or can I not have an opinion because I didn't go Tuesday. I mate who I trust very well went and said they were dire again so I'll believe him. Out of the games I've been this season only Hartlepool and Doncaster were good performances. It's time for change, unless you want to watch us not even trying every week.

You obviously weren't sitting near me in the Paddock then.

Old sage and hagrid make valid points. Anyone can comment on a forum. Most that do are actually Vale fans who, for one reason or another cannot attend matches, or every match. They are entitled to their say based on their observations having seen Vale, even if it wasn't every game. Bit harsh then LVID to try and castigate those that choose not to attend certain matches!

This forum does what it needs to...airs EVERYONE'S thoughts, whether that to be in favour or against, or even on the fence of matters raised.

Love your spirit LVID but don't fall out with some very reasoned and intelligent posters. UTV.

I went. The result was inevitable, I even predicted 1-4 on the OVF prediction league. We are a shambles at the moment and don't look anything like a team.

One tactic, no heart, no passion, no leadership, no idea.

We have been here before and we will be here again, the question is how long does Smurf give Micky? Low gates will not help but I believe Smurf has once again, shot himself in the foot!

6.00 pm in a Burslem Terraced House :

Man - "Shall we up the Vale tonight son?"

Wife - "It's a school night"

Man - "Yes, but it's top of the table Bristol and Vale will be really pumped up after Saturdays defeat"

Son - "Champions League on tonight dad, Chelsea......and it's and extra £3.00 to get in"

Man - "I'm just nipping the 'Offie Love, get some cans in"

In my view and the view of many others I talk to, people will NOT pay £25/£26 to watch 3rd division football.

I say keep Micky and give him another 7 games to turn it around, that will put us a third of the way through the season.

Advice to Micky : Pick your best 11 and stick with them, stop swopping and changing and for Our sake Play Football.....not Pulisball!

Archived