onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tues 16th Sept 2014, Port Vale v Bristol C, pre-match, the match itself.

Fosse69

I think you are correct.Go back to the real basic idea of not conceding for a few games to build some confidence.Anything more than a clean sheet is as you say a bonus.But it's not going to be easy on the eye and MIGHT be boring.

I could live with that - Because the football they have BEEN playing is NOT pleasing on the eye and LOOSING five on the trot is very BORING.

We conceded 2 against Hartlepool !!! The penny should have dropped then that we needed to learn how to defend - they were no better than Newcastle Town

Advert

It's funny how times change. 3 games into the season we were on a roll and Adams was great. We are now, but rolling in the wrong direction. Since diamonds are all the rage, perhaps we can have one with Brown in front of the "defence" and Dodds at the top of it.

It's funny how times change. 3 games into the season we were on a roll and Adams was great. We are now, but rolling in the wrong direction. Since diamonds are all the rage, perhaps we can have one with Brown in front of the "defence" and Dodds at the top of it.

I was with you until you mentioned Dodds.

I won't be wasting £25 on tuesday, thats for sure. Its expensive for 90 minutes of football. Its extortionate when there is no football on offer. I'll vote with my feet.

You don't need to "waste" £25....it's £22 up-front.

So, what's the story ? You're not going at £25/22, or you're not going at any price ?

This is a game we can win if the players perform to their individual level of ability and the team keeps a good disciplined shape. I feel it is a game to be set up to counter attack and not to play an attacking 442 where we get over run in central midfield. Need to build confidence by being hard to beat.

Johnson

Yates.............Duffy...............Robertson.........Dickinson

Jennings..........Brown

Moore.................Oconner...................Marshall

Slew

Thats my line up i think we need to build from the back and sneak a cheeky goal.

I feel Yates is a better defender than vaseli which is what we need Mcgivern was at fault for Crewe's first goal and feel we need to change it up at the back Lines has being poor very poor always thought he was overated tbh and give pope a rest to predictable with the ball to pope in the box get slew on and play thru them at the back.

Johnson

Yates.............Duffy...............Robertson.........Dickinson

Jennings..........Brown

Moore.................Oconner...................Marshall

Slew

Thats my line up i think we need to build from the back and sneak a cheeky goal.

I feel Yates is a better defender than vaseli which is what we need Mcgivern was at fault for Crewe's first goal and feel we need to change it up at the back Lines has being poor very poor always thought he was overated tbh and give pope a rest to predictable with the ball to pope in the box get slew on and play thru them at the back.

So you would drop McGivern because you felt he was at fault for the 1st goal, but still keep Yates and ****inson at full back, after their totally useless recent performances? Most Valiants feel McGivern has not been that bad, in relative terms compared to Duffy Robertson etc but after maybe 1 poorish game you get rid of him? Personal opinion of course but I would retain McGivern.

The manager hasn't a clue what his best X1 is so I'm certain I haven't but at present Bristol City are on fire and will fancy their chances greatly.

Luckily, JET is on the bench at the moment but it means they'll have the big lad Wilbraham up front. I'd recall Robertson to mark him. Flint is about 6/6 as well so we'll need all the aerial strength we can muster. It is a big worry when even Crewe reckon we are vulnerable in the air!

On the wing they have signed Freeman from Stevenage who always gives us problems - so one of the full backs will have to have a better game than normal or we'll lose.

Everyone needs to step up to the plate and up their commitment.

Can only see a defeat of 3-0 with our midfield and defence allowing them to roam around where they want and when they want.

Pope and Slew to be kicked all over the place and get no help from the ref or linesmen.

Sorry and queue the -, but we are a team in work at the moment. As soon as it clicks in all departments, we are a cracking squad on paper.

Archived